Hive Question(ish)

Found 1st Dec 2017
I have a Hive Smart plug on the way that I want to use for LED lights in the kitchen. I'm happy enough with that bit, but the only problem is that my wife wants a switch for them rather than having to use Alexa, who lives in the kitchen anyway, or the Hive app. The only problem is that the socket I want to plug them into is on top of the kitchen cupboards, os just turning them on and off at the switch isn't feasible

Is there any sort of remote switch that could be used to activate the Smart plug instead or voice or through the app?

Obviously, the Philips Hue has the remote dimmer switch would work, but I don't want to have to shell out over £200 for enough lighting for that, especially when I already have a Hive hub.

Is there anything similar to that for Hive that someone can recommend?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

Do you mean a plug that would operate off a remote control? If so, look at LIME energy saving plugs.

Most smart bulbs/switches will default to power on when flicked on the switch, or you can set a default. I have a sonoff basic wired into a lamp and some yeelight bulbs and they act like normal lights if you use the switch (or I can change the default in the app).

Original Poster

SJHan7 h, 13 m ago

Do you mean a plug that would operate off a remote control? If so, look at …Do you mean a plug that would operate off a remote control? If so, look at LIME energy saving plugs.

Exactly this, I’ll have a look. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants