Expired

H&M trying to pull a fast one? Offering 25% off but not honouring it.

Found 16th AprEdited by:"squiff"
I've had an email this morning offering 25% off one item for club members, and I'm a club member. I've added a full price item to my basket priced at £19.99 and applied the voucher code but it's not taking off anything for the discount even though it says the discount has been applied. Anyone else having the same problem?

2926527.jpg

2926527.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
Firstly, may i just point you in the direction of the terms and conditions where it will say along the lines of “promotions and offers can be withdrawn at any time without notice”

if you have just got the email this morning has the offer already started? I know its been applied to your basket and not taken off the total but They could be having a few teething problems.

If it doesnt work give head office a ring.

Have to clicked next as the discount may come off on the next screen?
Have you checked that you have reached any 'minimum spend' and /or any rest ructions in the terms and conditions? If so just give them a call.
The title of your subject is very misleading. It just seems like an issue with the site not a situation whereby they are refusing to honor an offer. I would suggest contacting them for support.
Pulling a fast one would be showing £15.99 to pay. Then actually debiting £19.99 from your account.

As others have said, contact them.
Original Poster
1. I asked if anyone else was having the same problem, not a lecture on how I chose to word the title

2. It DOES look like they MIGHT be trying to pull a fast one by offering 25% off, claiming the code has been applied then charging full price at checkout

3. 25% discount would make it £14.99, not £15.99.

4. I understand that promotions and offers can be withdrawn at any time but I posted SCREENSHOTS in the OP to show that it CLAIMS the discount has been applied when it has not.
Edited by: "squiff" 16th Apr
Like others have said, give them a call or contact support.
It might be a problem with the website or the code might have a minimum spend etc. and you didn't see it in the email.
Original Poster
I just phoned them and they said their computer system is down so they can't access accounts to check. The usual story.
squiff15 m ago

I just phoned them and they said their computer system is down so they …I just phoned them and they said their computer system is down so they can't access accounts to check. The usual story.

At least while it is down you will have time to relax
Original Poster
caverncity35 m ago

At least while it is down you will have time to relax

Too busy chasing after incompetent people who can't do their jobs!
squiff8 h, 26 m ago

Too busy chasing after incompetent people who can't do their jobs!

And all to save a fiver...
Original Poster
ipswich7832 m ago

Nope. I paid full whack in the end (life's too short). The incompetent people I was chasing were other companies, agencies and organisations who are inadequate, lazy and don't deserve whatever pay they're getting.
Original Poster
ipswich7834 m ago

But, those fivers add up! Mr Squiff bought something yesterday online and we went through my TCB. Spent £64 ish and got £7 cashback (if it tracks).
Edited by: "squiff" 16th Apr
squiff16th Apr

Nope. I paid full whack in the end (life's too short). The incompetent …Nope. I paid full whack in the end (life's too short). The incompetent people I was chasing were other companies, agencies and organisations who are inadequate, lazy and don't deserve whatever pay they're getting.

Send them an email to complain with your screenshots, voucher code and order details, hopefully they'll refund you the difference, worth a try.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants