Hmm not so mmm now! - Mattessons in urgent product recall of Fridge Raiders chicken snack as it may contain PLASTIC

Mod & Ed 19
Found 29th Jul 2016
It seems Mattessons have issued an urgent product recall of Fridge Raiders chicken snack as it may contain PLASTIC! As if they didn't taste bad enough already, though tbf a bit of plastic may actually improve the taste, though nothing could disguise the foul smell.
The company, along with supermarkets and stores, is recalling its Roast Chicken Flavour Fridge Raiders products.
It is asking people who have bought packets of the snacks to return them as soon as possible because of the health risk.
Full Story + details of items affected in post #1
Community Updates
19 Comments
Original Poster Mod & Ed
http://www.deeside.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Untitled-1.png

FULL STORY

Product name: Mattessons Fridge Raiders Roast Chicken Flavour
Pack size: 3x25g Multipack
'Use By': All 'Use By' dates between 24 July 2016 to 05 August 2016

Pack size: 5x25g Multipack
'Use By': All 'Use By' dates between 24 July 2016 to 05 August 2016

Pack size: 60g single pack
'Use By': All 'Use By' dates between 04 July 2016 to 04 August 2016

Hopefully you've either eaten or thrown away the next ones as they had a use by date of 26th July - if not you could play double double jeopardy, choke on some plastic or get food poisoning from eating out of date chicken!

Pack size: £1.39 single packs
'Use By': All 'Use By' dates between 05 Jul 2016 to 26 July 2016

Pack size: 50g single packs
'Use By': All 'Use By' dates between 05 July 2016 to 26 July 2016

Product name: Mattessons Fridge Raiders Roast Chicken Flavour Meal Deal
Pack size: 50g single packs

Product name: Mattessons Fridge Raiders Roast Chicken Flavour Big Eat
Pack size: 100g packs

Edited by: "wishihadadonkey" 29th Jul 2016
wishihadadonkey

It seems Mattessons have issued an urgent product recall of... Roast … It seems Mattessons have issued an urgent product recall of... Roast Chicken Flavour Fridge Raiders products...

We received communication from Sainbury's two days ago due to the presence of these within our latest grocery delivery.

We should dispose of them & we will be refunded for all purchased.

Our garden fox family & local bird community made light work of them!
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.
RossD89

Life in plastic, it's fantastic.

You can brush my hair, undress me...

...Hang on.
chicken flavoured chicken snacks amazing
I'd be more shocked if they found chicken in them oO
fanpages

We received communication from Sainbury's two days ago due to the … We received communication from Sainbury's two days ago due to the presence of these within our latest grocery delivery.We should dispose of them & we will be refunded for all purchased.Our garden fox family & local bird community made light work of them!

oO The axis just shifted on Planet Misc. This post has caused me to re-evaluate everything.

What are your views on Rustlers Burgers, Tinned 'Full Monty' Breakfasts, Billy Bear and Fray Bentos Pies?
wishihadadonkey

It seems Mattessons have issued an urgent product recall of... Roast … It seems Mattessons have issued an urgent product recall of... Roast Chicken Flavour Fridge Raiders products...

fanpages

We received communication from Sainbury's two days ago due to the … We received communication from Sainbury's two days ago due to the presence of these within our latest grocery delivery.We should dispose of them & we will be refunded for all purchased.Our garden fox family & local bird community made light work of them!

Saturn

oO The axis just shifted on Planet Misc. This post has caused me to … oO The axis just shifted on Planet Misc. This post has caused me to re-evaluate everything. What are your views on Rustlers Burgers, Tinned 'Full Monty' Breakfasts, Billy Bear and Fray Bentos Pies?

I used to like Fray Bentos Pies, but since learning of my intolerance to gluten, & my subsequent adoption of a diet similar to a pescatarianism (but without the inclusion of lactose/dairy products), I suspect I would find just the smell of them difficult to bear now.

Talking of bears, I have never had the displeasure of eating Billy; although I have built a few of his bookcases from Ikea in the past.

Do "Fully Monty" breakfasts mean you have to undress to eat them, or is that just something that happens in Sheffield?

Finally, Rustlers Burgers; my kids eat these on ad hoc occasions, but I always think they must smell much better than they taste. Although, I suspect that would not be difficult to achieve.
wishihadadonkey

fanpages

Saturn

oO The axis just shifted on Planet Misc. This post has caused me to … oO The axis just shifted on Planet Misc. This post has caused me to re-evaluate everything. What are your views on Rustlers Burgers, Tinned 'Full Monty' Breakfasts, Billy Bear and Fray Bentos Pies?

Order is restored.
Ive literally just eaten 3 packs within this date range oO
I didnt die
adamck

Ive literally just eaten 3 packs within this date range oOI didnt die

​Yet.
adamck

A poultry sum.

There is no need to panic.

adamck

adamck

Unless you start passing these the next time you feel the need to go. That is the time to panic.

[img]s7g3.scene7.com/is/…235?src=ae235/42487_P&$prodImageMedium$[/img]
Saturn

Unless you start passing these the next time you feel the need to go. … Unless you start passing these the next time you feel the need to go. That is the time to panic.[img]http://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/42487_P&$prodImageMedium$[/img]

Butt-wrenching screw-pluggery!

I don't think anybody needs to recall that.
Think the OP meant 'FOWL' smell X)
Hmmm wonder exactly what the risk factors are here ?
the plastic fibres fall out of cheap toothbrushes
people are convinced that I am in danger from the germs on my tea towel
frankly I am far more concerned about the fibres left behind

and micro plastic in toothpaste make up ffs
Edited by: "Wongy110" 29th Jul 2016
fanpages

Butt-wrenching screw-pluggery!I don't think anybody needs to recall that.

Woah, what happened there FP oO
Mmmmm....PLASTIC
adamck

​But when you do die, you won't biodegrade for 10,000 years
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions