HMRC (suspicious phone call from this number 0300-200-3036)

Posted 15th Apr
I've received a phone call from this number 0300-200-3036 just now. No message has left by a person, other than telephonic message to choose option 1 for HMRC or Warrant will be issued today.
I've rang HMRC but they didn't find any log of phone call from their side. I haven't rang on this number yet. I thought alert the people and also if some will advise me to ring on this number to find out who are they?
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Generic scam phonecall, will say that then ask for money in order to not issue a 'warrant'.

Ignore and forget about it.

Hmrc have said if you owe money they will always send you a letter and not call you out of the blue
Edited by: "winifer" 15th Apr
SPAM. Just ignore.

HMRC and other government bodies deal via post - they very rarely ring you.

They appear to be quite active today ...... who-called.co.uk/Num…036
Edited by: "Van1973" 15th Apr
Suspicious phone call? Obvsly utter trousers phone call.
Choosing option 1 will probably connect you to a premium rate service, just ignore it.
Scam. Others have been getting calls from this number:- who-called.co.uk/Num…036

Do not call the number back
Let’s be honest - if HMRC or any other government body were seeking a warrant against you, the first you’d hear of it is when the front door suddenly opens.
IF HMRC called me the first thing I would ask if where did you get my phone number :-) but in general when these scammer and spam calls come in I just scream down the phone.
PulisOut1 m ago

IF HMRC called me the first thing I would ask if where did you get my …IF HMRC called me the first thing I would ask if where did you get my phone number :-) but in general when these scammer and spam calls come in I just scream down the phone.

Not very effective if it is a recorded message, as in the OP
Ignore and block it
If you do answer just give them hell, pretend they are taking money off you like HMRC does and give them loads of abuse. Don’t give them any details or money.
Common sense isn’t really common.
Go along with it when you answer. Did it for a ppi call and had them on for 25 minutes. Guy thought he was in luck. Probably fired now for missing targets
It's a definite scam, HMRC NEVER call, the scammers are using a script and call people all day, every day, ignore and forget about it.
Hit on run.....hit on run.
Had a computer voice call me yesterday saying HMRC are about to start a fraud action against me. Total bull, scam calls (I use to work as a fraud investigator).
HMRC will always write to you. Anything else is a scam.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants