HMRC tax question

Found 19th Jun
hi there I was trying find out if I have just a income from rental property the amount is £3000. will I need to fill in a self-assessment form or is it sufficient to just put this details in with my partners claim for tax credits.as I previously registered for self-assessment but was told there's no need as it was under 2500 I think and they said u didn't need to do the form again.bit confused tried to ring HMRC and a automated machine just talks about online login issues.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
you do not sate if this is your only income or not.

So, fill in the forms
When you start the SA form, it asks if you have income from UK property. Select Yes and complete the boxes. You will have to separate out rent, professional fees, repairs, maintenance etc so its worth looking at the HMRC guidance.
FreeDeal6 m ago

you do not sate if this is your only income or not.So, fill in the forms

Yes this is only income that's why I wanted to know plus I tried logging in seems they have deleted the account as it was about 3 years ago when I filled in form last time. It just the hassle of doing it all as there's no tax or ni to pay and I thought aslong as tax credits are informed the tax man knows thos and is declared isntthis the case
Call them. U don’t wanna get in trouble with them later on
MynameisM59 m ago

Yes this is only income that's why I wanted to know plus I tried logging …Yes this is only income that's why I wanted to know plus I tried logging in seems they have deleted the account as it was about 3 years ago when I filled in form last time. It just the hassle of doing it all as there's no tax or ni to pay and I thought aslong as tax credits are informed the tax man knows thos and is declared isntthis the case

Sign up again with same user name/id if they still got your details you will know and reset password. I know speaking to them on phone is pain and I hate automated machine.
Surely if you own a second property as an investment/income source you wouldn't be entitled to working tax credits?
Dyslexic_Dog2 h, 17 m ago

Surely if you own a second property as an investment/income source you …Surely if you own a second property as an investment/income source you wouldn't be entitled to working tax credits?

? Not really tax credits are to.do with Ur total income not just investments.
you have to complete self assessment if you get income from rental properties. you can register online if you are having difficulty getting through on the phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions