HMRC/PAYE impact for working abroad while in Lockdown

Posted 27th Jul
Hello,
Wondering if someone could help me. My girlfriend has been working from Ireland since lock down happened. She ended up having to stay due to the situation.
Her company which is UK based and she is on PAYE are saying due to the 180 work day rule in the EU she needs to come back and work here before that time is up. Not sure this is right, any ideas? Exemptions due to Covid-19?

Thank you for any help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Ring tax office, but you could of got back from Ireland for a few weeks now.

if you spend more than 183 days in a country you become a tax resident of said country.
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 27th Jul
Could she move her workbase to Northern Ireland?
Bargainhead27/07/2020 11:10

Ring tax office, but you could of got back from Ireland for a few weeks …Ring tax office, but you could of got back from Ireland for a few weeks now.if you spend more than 183 days in a country you become a tax resident of said country.

i wonder if i could move to carlisle for 183 days and escape scotland the tax capital of the uk lol
wouldn't her employer know more about this and can tell her? if they operate both in the UK and ireland, they would know the in and out of this and any exception due to covid 19.
ey.com/en_…-19

She should discuss with her employer and see if they are prepared to indemnify her against any losses if she falls outside of requirements.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants