Groups

HMV - Blu-ray Madness

Noticed an ad in the Metro today from HMV promoting a new BOGOF instore offer on Blu-rays, titles including Monsters Inc.

I thought, great, usually about £20 in HMV, £10 a pop for Monsters Inc and something else isnt bad.

Wander in there to take a look.....and what do i see? Every single title in the BOGOF offer whacked up at £30 each! I was amazed. I've seen this kinda thing many times before, but not so bluntly. Monsters Inc for example is only £11.99 on their own website.

Really makes me lose faith in the high street, they're not doing themselves any favours in this 'current climate'.

7 Comments

Happens every christmas when Disney decide that its BOGOF time on DVD's.

Normally can pick up them up for £5, then all of a sudden its BOGOF and its £15 each.

Original Poster

This wasn't just Disney though, other titles like The Dark Knight were in the offer too.

http://alanadale.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/madness9.jpg

[COLOR="Red"]Madness.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Now that certainly IS Madness.

Yeah I popped in as well to my local HMV, saw the BOGOF deal and thought great, till I turned them over and saw the £30 label! They had 300 in this as well which I picked up for £9.99 last week.

That's disgusting!
    And I LOATHE that HMV won't let you use their gift vouchers online, so if you are unlucky enough to end up with a gift voucher then you are forced to pay their stupid store prices! :x

I had a £30 voucher and 2 DVD's that would have cost £25 online cost me about £38 :w00t:

Sometimes you can pick up bargains in store; like the Planet of the Apes box set for £7 (6.30 with student discount), and the other day i got Verve Unmixed Vol. 1 and 3 for £3 each in store, they are £8 online and not in stock either. It costs more money to run a high street store than an online outlet- can you really blame them for trying to increase profits?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions