HMV Click & Collect

Found 29th Oct 2012
Tired of looking on online at the hmv website, only to go instore and find out the thing you want is triple the price. Well no more, order online and pick up in store, and pay the price it was on online when you collect it! Used this the other day, great service, hmv has done something good for once! After ordering you have to wait 2h before you can collect. And have 48h to collect your item.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Theoretically all their online and instore prices are supposed to be the same, and I find they are the vast, vast majority of the time. Sale products aren't but then that means they're cheaper instore anyway...
Why the cold votes? Great tip!
Saintledger

Why the cold votes? Great tip!

As above - their prices are the same online as instore.
I found that the stuff I was looking for was not available on click and collect, so nice idea, poorly executed.
junk4

As above - their prices are the same online as instore.

Not in my experience, but maybe they're getting more in sync. I have £30 odd quid on my HMV card it's handier for me to use the website instead of going in on spec. If it's cheaper all the better
Well that's the thing too - it's the same as any of those services, it has to be in stock at your chosen store for it to work. Plus if they only have one or two copies of something you can't do it, it says "Low stock, visit store".
finally iv sent my misses to buy me blu ray 3d before and she has payed loads more than the online price sometimes as much as 6quid iv rang them and they just say thats a online deal hopefully this app will balance the store/online price for the future
Why is this a deal??

All your'e doing is reserving something that's on the shelf.
Plus most titles are only stocked in a few copies, so you can't reserve them .
Plus you can't even tell from the website if a store has any copies in stock..

Edited by: "Talis" 29th Oct 2012
Talis

Plus you can't even tell from the website if a store has any copies in … Plus you can't even tell from the website if a store has any copies in stock..

Yep, this is a major problem, it just tells you to go instore, which might end up being a wasted journey. It's pointless having this system if they can't accurately let you know what their stock levels are. Argos manage it, why not HMV?
Wii skateboard game £10 online shown in stock in local store went in £18 so free delivery online and a few days wait.

Saying that it took 9 days for a dvd to arrive last week
How is this a deal? It's a service that has been going on for some time now!
Unless its a really good deal I wouldn't risk it, I work in insolvency and I hear the big bods are already prepping for this administration, worse things would be HMV gift vouchers.

I think the general rule is never buy gift vouchers because its too much of a risk in today's financial climate.

And no this isn't a load of 'bull' to scare people, just some advice, hope it helps.
potatokid

Unless its a really good deal I wouldn't risk it, I work in insolvency … Unless its a really good deal I wouldn't risk it, I work in insolvency and I hear the big bods are already prepping for this administration, worse things would be HMV gift vouchers.I think the general rule is never buy gift vouchers because its too much of a risk in today's financial climate.And no this isn't a load of 'bull' to scare people, just some advice, hope it helps.

can well imagine it,im surprised HMV stores are still open.the prices they charge are extortionate.
Thanks for the headsup Wishwash182, I've moved this to misc as its not really a deal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants