Expired

HMV Gift Card refund?

9 replies
Found 25th May 2008
Ive been given a HMV gift card and I think their prices are a little high for me. Id rather have the cash tbh.

Now ive got the receipt as well and I wondered if I can get the cash on the gift card refunded.

Has anyone done this before or do I have no hope?

9 Comments

no hope

just sell it on ebay

...or on here
just sell it for 80% of the value. it could be useful to someone buying an ipod or something

Original Poster

Can I at least use the gift card online??

Or get their online prices in store. That might be OK for me.

deathtrap3000;2172622

Can I at least use the gift card online??Or get their online prices in … Can I at least use the gift card online??Or get their online prices in store. That might be OK for me.

Nope, it's apparently to do with security :roll:

No refund. No online use. HMV Gift card is pathetic, and I'd love to do something to really take them down a peg (from the 10000 they have).

Can only use instore, cant get a refund. Not sure if you could buy something, and return that for a refund though?

I would never buy HMV vouchers because they are one of the worst companies for having a price difference instore v online. You will get more for your money selling the vouchers for less than they are worth and spending that on HMV.co.uk - and thats just wrong!

hmv vouchers useless gifts, may as well give cash cannot use online and dont get any pure reward points when you buy the voucher rip off!

arrows;7088998

hmv vouchers useless gifts, may as well give cash cannot use online and … hmv vouchers useless gifts, may as well give cash cannot use online and dont get any pure reward points when you buy the voucher rip off!

Completely agreed. Excellent first post. :thumbsup:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. word association Game74244939
  2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
  3. Add one, leave one game54415485
  4. A1 Travel no longer trading!33

See more discussions