HMV Pure Card/Loyalty Card

Posted 11th Jan
Just heads up if anyone didn’t know this,
The ability convert your Pure HMV points to vouchers to use/spend them ends on Monday 13th Jan. you cannot use these converted points online

I went to HMV and didn’t see anything I wanted so I suggest to the lady behind the till if I can redeem it on a gift card to use later on. Low and behold it works BUT I had to buy something on top, I bought a 5p bag to make this work

See Photo attached

Hope you can all benefit from this
3386348-Df6pm.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Thanks.
Ihave the old one from around 2012 I'm sure there was a transition sometime so not sure if the points are gone. Can't access my account online but I have my card, is that all I need for them to convert it?

Edit: just looked at my emails and it said my points expired July 2016. I had 238323 points not sure what's that worth.
Edited by: "MR1123" 11th Jan
MR112311/01/2020 14:35

Thanks.Ihave the old one from around 2012 I'm sure there was a transition …Thanks.Ihave the old one from around 2012 I'm sure there was a transition sometime so not sure if the points are gone. Can't access my account online but I have my card, is that all I need for them to convert it?Edit: just looked at my emails and it said my points expired July 2016. I had 238323 points not sure what's that worth.

That’s a lot! I had lots on my account as I built them up over the years but when I got to my account it said I had enough for £15 in vouchers but before Christmas 2017 I had built up £100 in vouchers
caironjake11/01/2020 14:47

That’s a lot! I had lots on my account as I built them up over the years b …That’s a lot! I had lots on my account as I built them up over the years but when I got to my account it said I had enough for £15 in vouchers but before Christmas 2017 I had built up £100 in vouchers

I built them up to, I had 2 cards and the other one I built up £280 worth and spent that when they nearly went bust in 2012 or something. I forgot about the other card but I remembered maybe a year ago but had difficulty logging in and found the website was closed down so I assumed it's dead. Couldn't find any contact details even now.
200k is worth £20 voucher I had 238k. I registered for the app and it shows zero points so they got rid of my points but not to bothered. I did send an email but not holding my breath. Thanks
His Master's Voice indeed

I have just downloaded the "hmv loyalty" Android "app" to find I have 320,596 points.

Sounds like I need to find a HMV store before this coming Monday to convert the points to a voucher like you have done, @caironjake.

Yeah... I know... good luck with that!

Thanks for the reminder in any respect.
fanpages11/01/2020 15:46

His Master's Voice indeed I have just downloaded the "hmv loyalty" …His Master's Voice indeed I have just downloaded the "hmv loyalty" Android "app" to find I have 320,596 points.Sounds like I need to find a HMV store before this coming Monday to convert the points to a voucher like you have done, @caironjake.Yeah... I know... good luck with that!Thanks for the reminder in any respect.

Good luck!
The Manager on-duty at the HMV in Bluewater Shopping Centre today was not quite as accommodating as the one in 566 Leeds, @caironjake. I was informed, however, that the redemption deadline has gone back a week; those with points have until 20 January 2020 now (not 13th as previously advertised).
Edited by: "fanpages" 12th Jan
fanpages12/01/2020 17:38

The Manager on-duty at the HMV in Bluewater Shopping Centre today was not …The Manager on-duty at the HMV in Bluewater Shopping Centre today was not quite as accommodating as the one in 566 Leeds, @caironjake. I was informed, however, that the redemption deadline has gone back a week; those with points have until 20 January 2019 now (not 13th as previously advertised).

To be honest I used to go to HMV and buy something nearly every weekend, hearing of the store closure and they not allowing people to redeem their points put me off them instantly. Just shows how they treated their ‘loyalty’ members.

I pop into the closing store to see if I can grab a bargain but I’ll more than likely refrain from buying anything from there in the future due to what has transpired over the duration of time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions