HMV workers here? or anyone been to a hmv store recently and know about the ipod offer?

7 replies
Found 4th Oct 2010
I want to buy an ipod nano (5th gen) or an ipod touch as a gift and i was in HMV when i saw an offer.

Basically if you bought any ipod (except shuffle) you would get a £10 voucher and another gift. I think it was a speakers set but am not sure - as i was in a rush so had to leave quickly.

But iv been trying to ring the store to get more info - but the phone is not being answered. So does anyone know exactly what the offer is and how much the ipod touch is?

7 Comments

Hi got this offer for the kids at the weekend.
ipod touch 4th gen (latest) £189
and free £10 voucher, and also a gear4 speaker dock price marked £39.99

Original Poster

thank you so much. I looked at the latest ipod touch - the one you got but it was a bit too much. I dont suppose you know how much the version before was im not sure whether it was £150, £160 or £170.

Do you think its a good deal then. I might post it in the deals section to see what other people think I saw that it ends on the 17th - giving me enough time to save a bit more to stretch to the £150 mark.

your welcome, im sorry but i didnt pay any attention to the other versions.
actually went to meadowhall sheffield to get the ipods from the apple shop, as nowhere else had them in stock, and by chance saw HMV's offer.
went in-store, they didn't have any on display, so i asked at the counter, and the really helpful sales woman sorted it out for me.
i think its a great deal at the moment, but when other stores get their stocks in, they may be running different promotions., but as you say, the offer is on till the 17th so maybe wait a few days before committing?

Dont know about hmv but I picked up an ipod from argos today with gear 4 speaker dock for £149 something plus a £10 voucher.view here

LoozR

Dont know about hmv but I picked up an ipod touch 8gb from argos today … Dont know about hmv but I picked up an ipod touch 8gb from argos today with gear 4 speaker dock for £149 something plus a £10 voucher.view here

Original Poster

LoozR

thanks for that. Only reason i am looking at getting it from hmv is because i have £50 store credit for there.

LoozR

Dont know about hmv but I picked up an ipod from argos today with gear 4 … Dont know about hmv but I picked up an ipod from argos today with gear 4 speaker dock for £149 something plus a £10 voucher.view here

Is that the latest version or the previous?
if it is the previous one, ( without camera etc..) then hmv had them at £139
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Removing Integrated fridge freezer23
    2. amazon echo idiots guide811
    3. Domain renewal36
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?58

See more discussions