Hob recommendations

Posted 19th Jul
I’m after a new hob to replace the one that came with the house. 59cm ceramic.

Anyone recommend anything. Go all digital or use knobs? What brands are decent?

Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
for the sake of your sanity, go knobs, not digital. I'm also wanting to replace a ceramic that I inherited with a house move and the buttons do my head in. Press to switch on. press to go to max power. press press press press press to turn it down a bit. Want to switch one off but leave the others on? press press press press press down to zero. ARRRGH.

And when cleaning it it thinks all the buttons have been pressed and throws a wobbly.

for the love of god go knobs. Turn on. Turn to adjust. Turn off. lovely.

I'm going back to gas as soon as i can
8 Comments
I love the neff induction hobs. I love induction full stop. Lot better than gas and started electric in my opinion
ndyanem19/07/2020 18:35

I love the neff induction hobs. I love induction full stop. Lot better …I love the neff induction hobs. I love induction full stop. Lot better than gas and started electric in my opinion

i like electric ovens but i prefer gas hob. i have used induction hobs and don't like them.
ndyanem19/07/2020 18:35

I love the neff induction hobs. I love induction full stop. Lot better …I love the neff induction hobs. I love induction full stop. Lot better than gas and started electric in my opinion

Just had a new kitchen with an induction hob, always used gas, any tips on keeping the induction hob clean & efficient.
richp19/07/2020 20:36

Just had a new kitchen with an induction hob, always used gas, any tips on …Just had a new kitchen with an induction hob, always used gas, any tips on keeping the induction hob clean & efficient.

Good old washing up liquid and now and again glass cleaner
for the sake of your sanity, go knobs, not digital. I'm also wanting to replace a ceramic that I inherited with a house move and the buttons do my head in. Press to switch on. press to go to max power. press press press press press to turn it down a bit. Want to switch one off but leave the others on? press press press press press down to zero. ARRRGH.

And when cleaning it it thinks all the buttons have been pressed and throws a wobbly.

for the love of god go knobs. Turn on. Turn to adjust. Turn off. lovely.

I'm going back to gas as soon as i can
I've got a Cooke and Lewis ceramic digital hob from b&q and would not recommend it at all. It scratches really easy and if boiling water spills on the 'buttons' the whole hob shuts of while beeping and flashing until you reset.
Previous one was indesit with knobs and it cleaned up lovely like new, I smashed it trying to split a packet of frozen sausages.
CatsWithThumbs20/07/2020 00:18

for the sake of your sanity, go knobs, not digital. I'm also wanting to …for the sake of your sanity, go knobs, not digital. I'm also wanting to replace a ceramic that I inherited with a house move and the buttons do my head in. Press to switch on. press to go to max power. press press press press press to turn it down a bit. Want to switch one off but leave the others on? press press press press press down to zero. ARRRGH.And when cleaning it it thinks all the buttons have been pressed and throws a wobbly. for the love of god go knobs. Turn on. Turn to adjust. Turn off. lovely.I'm going back to gas as soon as i can

I don’t mind the digital buttons. Mine has never thrown a wobbly you just get use to it
Very few take into account that gas is about 25% of the price of electricity and gas hobs are very controllable. Having said that the boss prefers electric ovens to gas so we have electric ovens . One is regular size and the other a smaller combi for economy.
Post a comment
@
    Text