Groups

Hodgson has left Liverpool by "mutual consent" - Dalglish has taken over

As subject......Liverpool have a new manager.....more to follow

60 Comments

Banned

Wow, and the fans will be delighted that Kevin Keegan has returned.

Fan favourite, success in the past....can't go wrong.

Oh wait, sorry. Confused Liverpool with Newcastle there.

FilthAndFurry

Wow, and the fans will be delighted that Kevin Keegan has returned. Fan … Wow, and the fans will be delighted that Kevin Keegan has returned. Fan favourite, success in the past....can't go wrong.Oh wait, sorry. Confused Liverpool with Newcastle there.

It's easily done...

Original Poster

mutual consent? hmmm you sure about that Roy,you wouldn't be telling porkies now would you xD

Supermod

Now lets hope that they get relegated just to show that their problem was not their manager. Unstable backroom and poor players.

I feel sorry for Hodgson really. He never had a chance with that squad of players.

Gerrard who is past his best, Torres who doesnt seem interested and the rest are ordinary.

Joe Cole, while a good signing for free, is massively overrated and was never going to be Liverpool's saviour like some of the fans thought.

I would say that Konchevsky is prob not good enough for this level (although by no means worse than Insua at right back!) and I always thought Poulson was a poor signing. But when you look at the amount of poor signings Benitez made it doesnt look so bad! Aquilani for 20mil?! The kid was never more than a decent centre mid with an eye for goal

benjyyy

I feel sorry for Hodgson really. He never had a chance with that squad of … I feel sorry for Hodgson really. He never had a chance with that squad of players. Gerrard who is past his best, Torres who doesnt seem interested and the rest are ordinary.Joe Cole, while a good signing for free, is massively overrated and was never going to be Liverpool's saviour like some of the fans thought.I would say that Konchevsky is prob not good enough for this level (although by no means worse than Insua at right back!) and I always thought Poulson was a poor signing. But when you look at the amount of poor signings Benitez made it doesnt look so bad! Aquilani for 20mil?! The kid was never more than a decent centre mid with an eye for goal

The squad is not as bad as you make out. That team should be in the top 6 without a problem. It is Roys fault they are not there.

Banned

Starr

The squad is not as bad as you make out. That team should be in the top 6 … The squad is not as bad as you make out. That team should be in the top 6 without a problem. It is Roys fault they are not there.

This thread would be boring without delusional Liverpool fans. X)

Banned

should add a little spice to their only big game left this season tomorrow

magicjay1986

Now lets hope that they get relegated just to show that their problem was … Now lets hope that they get relegated just to show that their problem was not their manager. Unstable backroom and poor players.

This.

Starr

The squad is not as bad as you make out. That team should be in the top 6 … The squad is not as bad as you make out. That team should be in the top 6 without a problem. It is Roys fault they are not there.

Utter rubbish, was it %100 Benitez's fault before he was let go too? If Dalglish takes over and they only manage mid-table at the end of the season, would you then say that it's his fault, because as you say this team 'should be in the top 6'.

Top 6 without a problem? Their squad is NOWHERE near as strong as Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Tottenham. Thats 5.......6th would be their best shot.

I always said they would struggle without Mascherano.....the amount of unseen work he got through was unreal. Him and Benayoun were Liverpool's best two players last year.....both gone.

And thats without even mentioning Xabi Alonso.....

Will liverpool win tomorrow for dalglish especially if fergie plays a weakened side currently 9/2 liverpool to win tomos.

the dandy p

Utter rubbish, was it %100 Benitez's fault before he was let go too? If … Utter rubbish, was it %100 Benitez's fault before he was let go too? If Dalglish takes over and they only manage mid-table at the end of the season, would you then say that it's his fault, because as you say this team 'should be in the top 6'.

I think Kenny would get them into the top 6 if he had a full season, your point about possibly finishing mid table is invalid as Kenny has less then half a season to make an impact after a moral sapping poor start.

benjyyy

Top 6 without a problem? Their squad is NOWHERE near as strong as Man … Top 6 without a problem? Their squad is NOWHERE near as strong as Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Tottenham. Thats 5.......6th would be their best shot.I always said they would struggle without Mascherano.....the amount of unseen work he got through was unreal. Him and Benayoun were Liverpool's best two players last year.....both gone.And thats without even mentioning Xabi Alonso.....

6th place is still top 6. Man City and Spurs are the only teams who have a right to be in front of Liverpool. On their day Liverpool have the sqaud to beat anyone.

Liverpool should be 6th or better not letting Bolton and Sunderland take their spot.

Banned

Starr

6th place is still top 6. Man City and Spurs are the only teams who have … 6th place is still top 6. Man City and Spurs are the only teams who have a right to be in front of Liverpool. On their day Liverpool have the sqaud to beat anyone.Liverpool should be 6th or better not letting Bolton and Sunderland take their spot.

Oh that's the good stuff.

Now to stick the landing. Repeat after me.

Next season Liverpool will win the league.

Banned

Starr

I think Kenny would get them into the top 6 if he had a full season, your … I think Kenny would get them into the top 6 if he had a full season, your point about possibly finishing mid table is invalid as Kenny has less then half a season to make an impact after a moral sapping poor start.6th place is still top 6. Man City and Spurs are the only teams who have a right to be in front of Liverpool. On their day Liverpool have the sqaud to beat anyone.Liverpool should be 6th or better not letting Bolton and Sunderland take their spot.

deluded, much?

If my point is invalid because Dalglish only has half a season, then please kindly explain to me how long Hodgson had in charge...after a moral sapping seaon before.

I would like to see them relegated now like you say Roy had no chance and whats Dalglish going to do LMAO.

F&F you do know who i support right? I'm no crazy Liverpool fan i just think they have the squad available to be 6th or better.

Im not saying they are the best team in the league but that squad should not be 12th after 20 games.

the dandy p

If my point is invalid because Dalglish only has half a season, then … If my point is invalid because Dalglish only has half a season, then please kindly explain to me how long Hodgson had in charge...after a moral sapping seaon before.

He has had just over half a season but its a bit obvious its was just going downhill.

Looking at the league table they are 8 points behind Sunderland with 2 games in hand. I'd put money on a 6th place finish.

He's actually been sacked. No Mutual Consent involved.

Our best chance at winning the title was the season after houllier left! Benitez was left a very strong squad and for a little while made things work - Torres, reina, Johnson, mascherano, alonso - all brilliant signings... Just a shame that he's also bought in crap like drossena and kon-slower than a turtle-chesky... And that's before antonio nunez and aquilani...

Original Poster

Syzable

To be fair, when i posted Sky Sports News were trailing this story and announced it as subject
    If you click on the bbc link i posted, it's still saying the same.....
    Quote:
    Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

I'm sure the £2 Million will help soften the blow on his way to the job centre. lol

Banned

Syzable

I'm sure the £2 Million will help soften the blow on his way to the job … I'm sure the £2 Million will help soften the blow on his way to the job centre. lol

Pressure off your shoulders, probably have a 6month break with 2mil to ponder with. Now that's a result.lol

Supermod

Top 6? I very much doubt players like Lucas, Ngog, Maxi, Carragher, Kyrigakos, Skrtel and Poulsen would even get in to a top 3 team in the Premiership so they dont deserve to be anywhere close.

When you sell players like Alonso without any backup you are asking for trouble.

The only Liverpool players decent enough would be Torres, Reina, Gerrard and possibly Kuyt.

Banned

Syzable

Inb4 bring back Hodgson - at least we were Mid-Table! X)

I think that Lucas is finally maturing as a player... I'd no longer put him on my s**t list

benjyyy

I feel sorry for Hodgson really. He never had a chance with that squad of … I feel sorry for Hodgson really. He never had a chance with that squad of players.

'That squad of players' who were rewarded $695k from FIFA this week for having the 4th highest amount of players in the World Cup this summer. Only Bayern, Chelsea and Barca had more. So stop copying what you see in the papers.

X) well the only person to understand what king keeny is saying is that oap clown fergie!

Supermod

coff101

'That squad of players' who were rewarded $695k from FIFA this week for … 'That squad of players' who were rewarded $695k from FIFA this week for having the 4th highest amount of players in the World Cup this summer. Only Bayern, Chelsea and Barca had more. So stop copying what you see in the papers.

...but which international teams were they playing for?

Superb news roy was clueless, sorry nice chap n all but never a liverpool manager in a million years...

Now we need to clear out the dead wood, i'd sell/let go
    konchesky
    the greek
    n'gog
    maxi
    babel

Sign a new winger / striker / left back /

THE KING IS BACK ALL HAIL THE KING KENNY #7

Banned

junkenstein73

Superb news roy was clueless, sorry nice chap n all but never a liverpool … Superb news roy was clueless, sorry nice chap n all but never a liverpool manager in a million years...Now we need to clear out the dead wood, i'd sell/let gokoncheskythe greekn'gogmaxibabelSign a new winger / striker / left back / THE KING IS BACK ALL HAIL THE KING KENNY #7

Newcastle brought back Keegan, and when he messed up they went for Shearer.

So I'll start off.

ALL HAIL RUSHIE!

Supermod

junkenstein73

Superb news roy was clueless, sorry nice chap n all but never a liverpool … Superb news roy was clueless, sorry nice chap n all but never a liverpool manager in a million years...Now we need to clear out the dead wood, i'd sell/let gokoncheskythe greekn'gogmaxibabelSign a new winger / striker / left back / THE KING IS BACK ALL HAIL THE KING KENNY #7

Sounds to me like you are asking for a "rip it up and start again".

Banned

junkenstein73

Clueless? I think that's harsh. He is an experienced manager and Manager of the season 09/10

Banned

DangerGod

Clueless? I think that's harsh. He is an experienced manager and Manager … Clueless? I think that's harsh. He is an experienced manager and Manager of the season 09/10

You forget, He had a better squad to play with in 2009/10.

Hodgson was at the right level with fulham and should have stayed there..

Kenny to steady the ship till the new man arrives in the summer..
    1st job should be to recall insua & aquilani from loan & give the youngsters some more 1st team experinence (pancheco/kelly)

The spine of the team is world class - reina/agger/gerrard/torres

we just need to add some more pace/quality to the likes of merieles/cole/johnson/skrtel/aurelio/kuyt and we have a team to be feared....

poulsen and konchesky should not be near our 1st team.for years now we've needed wingers - one(or two) are still desperately needed.never mind top 6/4...id just wanted to see us compete and possibly play some attractive football - something i hope kenny can bring.also with comolli in charge hopefully we will make some exciting signings and get rid of the dross.

p.s totally disagree with the aquaman haters.quality player when not injured..would have added something to our squad this year had woy not shipped him off on loan(along with the very promising insua) who are both better than the players that replaced them in the lfc squad(cole and konchesky)

Banned

junkenstein73

Hodgson was at the right level with fulham and should have stayed … Hodgson was at the right level with fulham and should have stayed there..Kenny to steady the ship till the new man arrives in the summer..1st job should be to recall insua & aquilani from loan & give the youngsters some more 1st team experinence (pancheco/kelly)The spine of the team is world class - reina/agger/gerrard/torreswe just need to add some more pace/quality to the likes of merieles/cole/johnson/skrtel/aurelio/kuyt and we have a team to be feared....

Why would world class players spend two years at a club without Champions League football?

junkenstein73

Hodgson was at the right level with fulham and should have stayed … Hodgson was at the right level with fulham and should have stayed there..Kenny to steady the ship till the new man arrives in the summer..1st job should be to recall insua & aquilani from loan & give the youngsters some more 1st team experinence (pancheco/kelly)The spine of the team is world class - reina/agger/gerrard/torreswe just need to add some more pace/quality to the likes of merieles/cole/johnson/skrtel/aurelio/kuyt and we have a team to be feared....

insua has been sent back by gala(as have all their loanees) and as far as im aware the genius's that sanctioned the aquaman deal included a clause that he cant be recalled, AND that juve can buy him at the end of the season for something like 14m regardless of whether lfc want him back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.812
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would11
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047137
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2547

See more discussions