Hoeseasons Advice. Ripped off.

Edited by:"004800"Found 13th Jan
Basically booked a lodge less then two weeks ago paid £30 deposit then today checked exactly the same lodge and it's nearly £200 cheaper :(. Rang up saying can I transfer over and get better deal etc because I feel it's unfair and logical that I just move on to the better deal BUT to do this because I paid the low deposit I have to payanother £120 to cancel the holiday and rebook at the price. Surely this is wrong as I booked the lodge for April and only booked and paid a deposit less the two weeks ago 4th Jan. Just feel ripped off big style, am I screwed?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Would you have rang up and offered £200 more if the price had gone up

It’s annoying but it’s life you win some and you lose some. You’ve not been ripped off at all.
20 Comments

Can you book under another name (your wife for example) and then not pay on your booking and just lose the £30 deposit rather than cancelling your booking???

Its all there in their terms and conditions that you agreed to when you booked and handed over your payment details 33054720-PgaKj.jpg

Original Poster

That's the con because I paid £30 deposit which I thought was a normal deposit, apparently I have to pay a extra £120 to match the £150 regular deposit. Shafted with the small print, I was happy to wave the £30 but to pay another £120 to cancel and book the same holiday seems like day light robbery.
Edited by: "004800" 13th Jan

It’s annoying but it’s life you win some and you lose some. You’ve not been ripped off at all.

Original Poster

ding3 m ago

Its all there in their terms and conditions that you agreed to when you …Its all there in their terms and conditions that you agreed to when you booked and handed over your payment details [Image]

I no what you mean but I was happy to pay but a nearly £200 price drop in a week for a jolly in April which I want to go on, you think they could do something.

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo2 m ago

It’s annoying but it’s life you win some and you lose some. You’ve not bee …It’s annoying but it’s life you win some and you lose some. You’ve not been ripped off at all.

I know but I thought they could of done something just abit gutting

Would you not be £50 better off even with paying the rest of the deposit to cancel and rebooking?

Original Poster

ndksamb2 m ago

Would you not be £50 better off even with paying the rest of the deposit …Would you not be £50 better off even with paying the rest of the deposit to cancel and rebooking?

Yeah it would work out abit better but still leave me abit gutted

Original Poster

pinkleponkle4 m ago

No need for that am sick enough

00480035 m ago

That's the con because I paid £30 deposit which I thought was a normal …That's the con because I paid £30 deposit which I thought was a normal deposit, apparently I have to pay a extra £120 to match the £150 regular deposit. Shafted with the small print, I was happy to wave the £30 but to pay another £120 to cancel and book the same holiday seems like day light robbery.

So you're not actually being charged £120 more overall? You're just being asked to pay the normal deposit if you'd rather take advantage of the current £200 off instead of the previous low deposit?

Seems reasonable to me.

This sort of thing happens all the time with holidays and flights especially. Best thing to do is not look once you have booked. I flew to Orlando a few years ago and the seat price dropped by £190 per person. Sod all you can do about it unfortunately

You were happy with the price 2 weeks ago. Don't dwell on it, have a good time.

When you find a price for a holiday, pay it and be done. Don't look back.

As you have looked back, you need to consider if the deposit and a rebook is cheaper than continuing with the first contract. Unfortunately you are now aware that it isn't economical to cancel and rebook. Such is life, but it isn't a rip off.

Would you be willing to pay more had you found the holiday had gone up £200 since your booking?

Where is the rip off?

Original Poster

What I am most upset about I have only paid £30 and the holiday is £200 cheaper now, I feel that if I were to cancel I would be happy to wave £30 but I would have to pay £150 which I didn't realise when booked which to me sounds abit iffy if it's in the small print/terms and conditions or not. To me deposits are deposits and if I changed my mind they can keep what I have paId already, not want more cash off me.
Edited by: "004800" 13th Jan

Original Poster

beaudog5 m ago

Where is the rip off?

^^^ That's why I feel it.

Holiday prices do fluctuate. The thing is to wait until it is at the price you are comfortable with, book it and under no circumstances check the price again. If it is any consolation, someone else is bound to have paid more than you.

It does annoy me when you get people pipe up with "would you be willing to pay more if the price went up" everyone knows the answer to that no, no-one would but we are not talking £5-10-15 here which would not bother the majority of people, its £200 which is a sizable chunk of money. I'd feel exactly the same as you op, but like others have said once booked never look at the price again as more often then not you'd end up feeling the way you do now.

0048002 h, 31 m ago

^^^ That's why I feel it.

In life you pay for something and never look back unless there is a price guarantee period and you stop as soon as it end. Holidays, flights, tv, cars it’s the same. Move on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants