hole in my tooth!!!

morning people! so ive woke up this morning and there is a hole at the back of my bottom 2 front teeth i cant get and appointment till next week for the dentist! does anyone know what the dentist will do? would he just fill the hole or would it require root canal?

i know the majority of you wont be dentists but wondered if anyone else had experienced similar and what did they have done to fix it?

thanks.

p.s. i'm totally freaking out about it cos ive never had a hole in my tooth before and im not too keen on dentists!

11 Comments

he'll probs just fill the hole, you'll be fine

Most unlikely to need root canal work. more likely to be a simple filling.

Are you sure its a hole, behind the front bottom teeth is usually where tarter builds up and can build up quite heavily, if a piece of this has flaked off then it will feel to your very sensitive tongue very different, and almost like there is a big hole there. can you see behind them with a small mirror?
If it is a hole and your not getting any pain then they will just fill it, only needs root canal treatment if the decay has spread to the nerve in the tooth and you would definitely know about that.
But the area your describing isnt usual for decay its most likely the tartar build up and flaked off.

Original Poster

oh i hope so. what should i do in the mean time though? i'm worried about bits of food getting stuck in there and making it worse.

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;8840948

he'll probs just fill the hole, you'll be fine

Ingliston;8840951

Most unlikely to need root canal work. more likely to be a simple filling.

andreamurray;8840979

Are you sure its a hole, behind the front bottom teeth is usually where … Are you sure its a hole, behind the front bottom teeth is usually where tarter builds up and can build up quite heavily, if a piece of this has flaked off then it will feel to your very sensitive tongue very different, and almost like there is a big hole there. can you see behind them with a small mirror? If it is a hole and your not getting any pain then they will just fill it, only needs root canal treatment if the decay has spread to the nerve in the tooth and you would definitely know about that.But the area your describing isnt usual for decay its most likely the tartar build up and flaked off.

i was eating popcorn last night so i assumed it was a bit of that stuck there (cos it felt a bit sharp). but after a bit of tooth picking (sorry, gross i know) i realised it it was a hole! i'm pretty sure it is anyway. i cant quite get a good look at it.

Try flossing

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00476/CathleenMcGowan682_476181a.jpg

don't worry shane Macgowan had bad teeth also

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z166/jren1313/shane2.jpg

Original Poster

omg! my teeth arent that bad! but now i'm in a state of panic thinking theyre gonna end up like that

Try one of the online dentists if you're in a hurry. Just post your teeth in to them and they fill them and send them back on 'next day delivery'. Great service!

Original Poster

kingy58;8842724

Try one of the online dentists if you're in a hurry. Just post your teeth … Try one of the online dentists if you're in a hurry. Just post your teeth in to them and they fill them and send them back on 'next day delivery'. Great service!

ha ha! if only.................
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1740
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183419
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764047
    4. First 2 lucky people.46

See more discussions