Holiday destination for April??

13 replies
Found 31st Jan 2011
Were booked up to visit sharm el sheikh for 14 nights the first 2 weeks in April. Go every year at same time for the guaranteed hot weather.
Thinking of swapping to another destination due to current unrest in Egypt, I know sharm is reported as calm, it's the worry of will our holiday be ok.

Where else could we go and expect the same hot weather at that time of year?? Budget is £1200pp
Has anyone been to Dominican republic in april?

1. Misc
  2. Holiday
13 Comments

will your travel agent let you change m8? foreign office dont have a problem with sharm at the moment-travel agents are gonna have enough trouble finding alternatives for people booked for cairo/luxor etc,they may not let you actually change,plus april is a while away yet-they could get a new government tomorrow and the riots could stop.

I fully understand your worry,just not sure whether you will be allowed to change at the moment.

why not try ....ENGLAND nice and hot in WORCESTER

Original Poster

Was hoping they would, we booked up november last year. Hotel we were booked up for was also sold a fortnight ago and now operating under a new chain so was hoping that might swing it for us, can only try. Ill phone up later when other half gets in

barky

will your travel agent let you change m8? foreign office dont have a … will your travel agent let you change m8? foreign office dont have a problem with sharm at the moment-travel agents are gonna have enough trouble finding alternatives for people booked for cairo/luxor etc,they may not let you actually change,plus april is a while away yet-they could get a new government tomorrow and the riots could stop.I fully understand your worry,just not sure whether you will be allowed to change at the moment.

Beirut?

Mod & Ed

California

Come up to God's Own Country. It's a great time to sample the seafood before the off season starts (months with no R in them).

The midges won't have hatched out yet in April.

Original Poster

seeyounever

Beirut?

Dont think she would go for that mate lol

Cape Verde. Should be around £11-1200pp for a fortnight all inclusive,

Thailand, you'll be there for Thai New Years!

Very cheap over there, flights will be around £550 each for a return ticket though.
Edited by: "LibertyCap89" 1st Feb 2011

cannyscot

Come up to God's Own Country. It's a great time to sample the seafood … Come up to God's Own Country. It's a great time to sample the seafood before the off season starts (months with no R in them).The midges won't have hatched out yet in April.

I thought 'God's Own Country' was the nickname for New Zealand? Then it got shortened (like the Australians, they like to shorten everything) to God Zone.

We went to mexico in december, lovely and hot butnot too hot.
We went with thomson and stayed at the grand palladium resort and spa - excellent hotel, food and facilities

Original Poster

caz1cool

We went to mexico in december, lovely and hot butnot too hot.We went with … We went to mexico in december, lovely and hot butnot too hot.We went with thomson and stayed at the grand palladium resort and spa - excellent hotel, food and facilities

Was looking at that hotel earlier, that and the one in punta cala, Dominican republic. Good choice lol

Original Poster

Looks like your right mate, will need to wait till nearer the time, Thomson cs adviser gave me a bit of reassurance actually. To book my holiday right now would cost £300 more than I paid so if I were to choose another I might not be getting same bang for buck.

Well anyway we've decided to sit it out, thanks everyone for your suggestions, should come in handy for autumn.

barky

will your travel agent let you change m8? foreign office dont have a … will your travel agent let you change m8? foreign office dont have a problem with sharm at the moment-travel agents are gonna have enough trouble finding alternatives for people booked for cairo/luxor etc,they may not let you actually change,plus april is a while away yet-they could get a new government tomorrow and the riots could stop.I fully understand your worry,just not sure whether you will be allowed to change at the moment.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415463
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52114
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…33

See more discussions