Groups

Holiday for 2 adults and 2 children.

hi can anyone recommend anywhere good to go for a few nights away, we have 2 children 19months and 7months, we stayed in a caravan in wales last year when we only had my daughter which was ok but the only space for the travel cot was in the lounge which got cold so my daughter ended up staying in bed with me and my partner stayed in a single bed. this time with having my son aswel i dont think a caravan would be a good idea. we live in the northwest manchester and dont mind a couple of hours drive to somewhere but ive no idea where we could go which would be suitable for 2young children. im not looking for anything to expensive, around £200 for 3/4 nights if thats possible.

12 Comments

we have just done Minehead Butlins with a 5 yr old and 13 yr old and they both loved it with plenty to do. Was expensive tho- another cheaper option was Haven holidays- search for places nearer you
    Edited by: "sian744" 13th Jun 2011

Original Poster

it was haven we went to last year, the place was nice it was just the caravan really with it not being that big for one child i think it would be worse having 2 there. its the sleeping arrangments that put me off as even though it was nice weather the caravan was freezing late at night and in a morning so i wouldnt really like to put my son in the travel cot in the frontroom part. id love to go to centre parks but just cant afford it atm. just fancy a few nights away before i go back to work from maternity leave.

O yes I remember the separate travel cot, kinda makes you worry a bit...... Another idea is to look up cottages or apartments to rent as it will be self-catering- husband took our 5 year old to Wales and did this. Or look for different accommodation in the caravan park ie Haven? Lastly why not look up an area you would like to go to- maybe with lots on for kids ie wildlife park etc and then see if there are b&b's nearby or hotels with special offers? Sorry if o help just firing off ideas.

Book a few nights in a travelodge somewhere different - they have a promotion on at the moment. Then just do a few day trips in the area :-)

If you take the mattress of the 2 single beds in 1 room you can stand the travel coy on the beds. Not ideal but save the lounge issue.

My wife has just booked us in some sort of Groupon deal where we stay in a 4 stars hotel in W. Midland with free breakfast & dinner plus entry tickets to either Cadburys World or W.Midland Safari park for a family of 4 (had to pay an extra £15 as we have a 5 years old as well), all for the cost of £79 (+ £15 for the 5 years old). I'll try to grab the details in the morning, don't think I should wake her up now :p.

It's a 1 night stay with breakfast and dinner plus the entry tickets for the mentioned attraction. For your budget, you can probably book 2 nights stay, and go to Cadburys World for 1 and the Safari Park for the other.

Hope that helps

Centerparcs

Original Poster

ChrisUK

Centerparcs

id love to go there but cant afford it atm with being on maternity leave.

pink-ka

id love to go there but cant afford it atm with being on maternity leave.

Whats your budget ?

I booked a 4 bedroom new style lodge in the 1st week of Sept for 6 adults, baby & dog for £450. Its just the dates you need to have a play around with on thier website.

ChrisUK

Whats your budget ?

Try reading the OP.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions