Holiday for a family with 6 kids under 10?

Found 27th Apr
Hi,

We're looking for a holiday to take the kids on during the summer holidays. They're aged 1, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9.

We'd like to go somewhere with lots to keep the kids entertained - swimming, soft play, a beach would be great.

Last year we went to Centre Parcs in France which was brilliant but quite expensive - though it was cheaper than it would have been to go to one in England.

Would definitely like somewhere cheaper this year.

Anyone have any suggestions..?

Many thanks

Pete
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Somewhere to keep the kids entertained? Think you need to worry about entertaining yourselves. Don't you have a telly?
13 Comments
My Lord you've been busy. Surprised you have time for a holiday. In my experience holidays in this country are just as expensive as abroad unless you have a tent. Hope you find a brilliant holiday. I saw a campsite in Wales I was looking at going at to I could find the details for but I'm not sure what board you require .
Don't know but sounds like you might need a holiday away from the kids, babysitter + week in Wales for the adults?
Somewhere to keep the kids entertained? Think you need to worry about entertaining yourselves. Don't you have a telly?
miikeyblue27th Apr

Somewhere to keep the kids entertained? Think you need to worry about …Somewhere to keep the kids entertained? Think you need to worry about entertaining yourselves. Don't you have a telly?

No coins for the meter
33709218-IoV6p.jpg
deleted1132166
Try turkey
deleted113216628th Apr

Try turkey

" Try Turkey " !!!!!!.......Try Contraception would be better........
I think finding somewhere cheap will be challenging given the number of you and during school holidays, it maybe also be helpful if you provided a target realistic budget.

A good option is to hire a villa/house or something like that and then do everything yourselves (probably the cheapest way) or the other campsite with access to things to do as mentioned by Ollie.
So you need 8 berth then. Try a day trip to a Haven site and walk round (park off the site and walk onto it, you won't be challenged then). Look at the windows of the caravans for people letting privately. They are considerably cheaper than paying through Haven, and you can get good deals on the entertainment passes too. I expect this will work work other companies too. It does mean a day trip out, but it won't be any further than you want to drive with a car load either.

Oh, and congratulations on having a big family.
Holiday? Sounds like a nightmare!! There will always be one whining child
Trecco Bay Porthcawl. Everything you asked for is there,even a fun fair.
Have you looked at Centerparcs Holland? might be cheaper than France.
duinrell.com/hol…ows
This is in Holland too, it has a theme park free within the cost and the best swimming complex pool this is free if you book with the site but a charge made if you book with eurocamp/alfresco. we drive and stay during the holidays. We’ve been a couple times staying once with the site and once with alfresco. We normally spend a day in the park and a day out visiting nearby places. They have lots of sand parks around the theme park but I’m not too sure about soft play. There is a lovely beach a few miles down the road and tripadvisor.co.uk/Att…tml is not too far away for a day out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants