EXPIRED

Holiday for Dad and Daughter in Feb 1/2 term

Like the title says really. My wife is taking my son off to australia to visit the relatives and friends we have out there for 5 weeks, including 1/2 term when I am off work. I originally thought about centre parcs, but they are fiendishly expensive for just 2 of us (and seem to want me to share a double bed with my wriggly 3 yr old daughter).

Ideally I'd love to just jump on a plane on the saturday or sunday to somewhere with sun and a beach for us to play on for a week. But I've not done a package holiday for years. What kind of prices would be considered good? Where is the cheapest (I have a feeling it's probably spain, but again, I have no idea what resorts are the cheapest / most appropriate for kids).

I guess now is probably the worst time to book, missing the early bird and late availibility deals, but as long as the price is reasonable I don't mind too much paying for having something set in stone to look forward too!

Some starters for 10 would be appreciated!

7 Comments

For decent weather in february you have to be looking at the canary islands I would think.

Egypt is becoming quite popular (were going in march) and has lovely weather all year round and is supose to be ideal for kids we're taking 3 aged 9,3 and 1 and its quite reasonable hope this helps

Original Poster

Thanks guys, It's a bit daft not really knowing stuff like 'where's hot in february', but I've never really tried to organsie a holiday for this time before!

Have you thought about Centre Parcs in Europe........we are going 1st week easter hols VIP accomodation Less than £600 + ferry or shuttle! Highly recommend Dutch ones

canary islands is great in feb

Original Poster

I hadn't thought of european centre parcs, but £600 + ferry + petrol starts to sound quite expensive when it's just you and a 3 yr old.

Have to be Canaries for the weather
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Bed pillow recommendations22
    2. Battlefield 1943 xbox 360 servers, still running?.33
    3. Nintendo Switch Game Cases35
    4. Remortgaging to pay off debt22

See more discussions