Groups

Holiday in orlando florida

Planning to head to orlando from 6th to 20th or 27th june.

Could anyone recommend a good airline to fly with (we thought of globespan)

Could anyone recommend good accomodation (we were looking at mystic dunes but it has very mixed reports)

its for 2 people going from belfast or even dublin

Reali need help with the accomodation

Thanks in advance

15 Comments

Banned

what is your budget?

Banned

The best bit of advice I can give is to pop over to another forum which will be Taylor made for virtually any query you have on the subject! [url]www.thedibb.co.uk[/url]

On the subject of Airline, I definately would recommend a direct flight. Last April we flew Delta. Flights were fine - but we missed our connection in Atlanta (despite being informed we had enough time - and could simply catch the next flight on an hourly basis). If it wasnt for having young kids (one disabled) we would have ended up with an overnight stay since all flights were full. Overbooking is a very big problem - and delays (particularly on the way back - where it will be one only per day) can up the stress levels making the savings just not worth it.

Accomodation shouldnt be a problem - but you may have specific requirements, so I'll leave that. (And like I said - thedibb is the place to start!)

Original Poster

its around £1000 each or more looked at a few places but undecided thinking also homewood suites

we would like somewhere close to disney, other than that somewhere clean

ive stayed in many a place on a student budget but this time were thinking of going dearer lol

Banned

It seems that the more nearer you are to the departure date, the price goes up! There are no direct flights from N.I. Anyway this seems a good deal to me on Expedia, hotel looks amazing and is about £300 less than some others!

Westgate Vacation Villas (3 Star) (SC) [score 4.1/5.0]
    This Kissimmee resort, set on 206 landscaped acres with lakes and a marina, is 1 mile from Walt Disney World® Resort and less than 15 miles from SeaWorld and Universal Studios.

06/06/08 06:50 Depart Belfast (BHD) [LGW connection]
    06/06/08 Arrive Orlando (MCO) 14:55
    21/06/08 20:40 Depart Orlando (MCO) [MAN connection]
    22/06/08 Arrive Belfast (BHD) 12:00

£942.08 pp = £1884.16
    less 3% quidco = £ 56.53 -
    Total = £ 1827.63 (£913.82pp)

Please note, there is no travel insurance with this, Expedia charge over £60 each for this and im sure the post office do it a lot cheaper. This is for a studio apartment, if you would like a 1 bedroomed apartment it is an addition £10.10 pppn. Good luck! PS. you can alter the flight times too and it only varies the price by £1 or £2, the above is an example of what is available. Also, this will give you enough money left over for travel insurance and possibly car hire

Original Poster

globespan fly from the international direct but will take a look at this deal thanks

Banned

forgot to say, the flights are with Virgin Atlantic.

Try looking on [url]www.tripadvisor.com[/url] for feedback and reviews on hotels. We always fly with Virgin but it depends on your budget. Also are you having a car? If not then I recommend you stay somewhere either on or close to International Drive as the public bus service is excellent as are the amount of restaurants etc within a walkable distance.

MyTravel (who have merged with Thomas Cook now) do direct flights/holidays from the Belfast - have a look on their website

try looking at travelcity direct for cheap flights and ebay for villas

Travel city are great for all in packages-we are going June and staying at highlands reserve. Stayed at Windsor Hills this year and was very impressed. Most villas are similar so you cant really go wrong.

I would look at travelcitydirect and virgin holidays for packages. You can usually get 10% off the virgin prices. Both companies are quite good at unpackaging too if you want added flexibility. The ]Comfort Suites Maingate East in Kissimmee are nice and breakfast is included which is great if you want to head off early to the parks. Both companies do this accomodation.

When we went a few years ago we flew out on Virgin, hired a car & stayed at a motel (between Disneyworld & Kissimee). MUCH cheaper than travel agents, & the car meant we could go where we wanted on the days that we didn't go to the Disney parks.

Just booked with MyTravel myself. Seemed to be the cheapest by some margin when I was looking during the school summer holidays.

Original Poster

is the hilton on international drive any good?

we r off there next month havent bought tickets yet but will be looking at tcd
    scheduled airlines are pretty expensive now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2630
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047138
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would22
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2548
      5. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.812

See more discussions