Groups

Holiday - Please Help!!!

Hi All,

Just wondered if you kind people can help.

We are looking to go on holiday and take my sis in law and her family with us. Its going to be their first holiday abroad, so it needs to be a good one. Cant be a long haul flight.

We are looking at All Inclusive, for 14 nights departing on or around the 23rd July. Flying from any london airport. Budget £3k - £3500 max.

2 Families.

2 Adults 1 child aged 7
    2 Adults 2 children aged 8 & 13

It cant be a really crazy drunken resort or location, but but some decent entertainment is a must. Near to beach.

Not really keen on Turkey or Greece.

Any ideas or suggestions will be great.

Thanks.

11 Comments

Original Poster

anyone?

Having a quick look will and you will struggle at that budget

Have you contemplated renting a villa? and then booking flights seperate as always find this better and more cost effective with larger parties

Original Poster

Marty1981

Having a quick look will and you will struggle at that budgetHave you … Having a quick look will and you will struggle at that budgetHave you contemplated renting a villa? and then booking flights seperate as always find this better and more cost effective with larger parties

Thought I might. So far Ive found 14 nights, all inclusive, to fuerteventura, flying 20th July for £3900.

Not really considered the villa option as we want to look at all inc and entertainment on site.

Original Poster

BUMP

How about Egypt? I know there has been trouble there recently but it hasn't been in the main tourist areas and its near enough over now any way. We are planning on going around the end of September

teletextholidays.co.uk/Hol…d14

Me and my partner went here last year, we had a really good two weeks. There was families with children there aswell. It has its own beach and entertainment during the day and in the evening.

Original Poster

gingerfish1988

How about Egypt? I know there has been trouble there recently but it … How about Egypt? I know there has been trouble there recently but it hasn't been in the main tourist areas and its near enough over now any way. We are planning on going around the end of Septemberhttp://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/Holidays/Holidays/Results/Holiday-details.aspx?search=true&searchId=Holiday&packageId=2/120395&source=kwikhols&availabilityCriteria=search%3dtrue%26searchId%3dHoliday%26destinationId%3d10173%26destinationType%3dLabel%26dateMin%3d07%252f20%252f2011%2b00%253a00%253a00%2bAM%26dateMax%3d07%252f26%252f2011%2b00%253a00%253a00%2bAM%26departureDate%3d07%252f23%252f2011%2b00%253a00%253a00%2bAM%26durationMin%3d14%26durationMax%3d14%26flexibleDays%3d3%26adults%3d5%26children%3d2%26infants%3d0%26departureId%3d-1%26boardType%3d5%26priceMin%3d50%26priceMax%3d1000%26rating%3d345%26groupType%3dGroup%26duration%3d14Me and my partner went here last year, we had a really good two weeks. There was families with children there aswell. It has its own beach and entertainment during the day and in the evening.

Many Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Not really looking at going anywhere outside Europe really, especially as its a 1st holiday abroad for one family.

Anyone else been to Fureteventura, Tenerrife, Gran Caneria, Menorca, Majorca etc etc? If so what locations and hotels do you recommend?

Thanks

Edited by: "TJ26" 4th Apr 2011

Why not outside of Europe? Until I met my other half I had only been abroad a handful of times and only ever to the Canary Islands. Egypt was definatley the best holiday I have ever been on.

Original Poster

gingerfish1988

Why not outside of Europe? Until I met my other half I had only been … Why not outside of Europe? Until I met my other half I had only been abroad a handful of times and only ever to the Canary Islands. Egypt was definatley the best holiday I have ever been on.

Think its mainly a personal choice really. They have mentioned that they want to stay in europe for the 1st holiday.

Banned

I would opt for a villa with private pool (about £500-£1000 per week)

holidaylettings.co.uk/spa…ce/

flights can be had for around £100 each so total spend is around £1700 so £1300 excess for food / car hire.

Original Poster

csiman

I would opt for a villa with private pool (about £500-£1000 per w … I would opt for a villa with private pool (about £500-£1000 per week)http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/spain/pool_yn.1/private_pool_yn.1/adate1.4221/adate2.4235/bedrooms.4/hom_sleeps_max.7/orderby.price/flights can be had for around £100 each so total spend is around £1700 so £1300 excess for food / car hire.

Thanks for this, I will have a browse. I think the only issue with a Villa holiday is the entertainment.

TJ26

Think its mainly a personal choice really. They have mentioned that they … Think its mainly a personal choice really. They have mentioned that they want to stay in europe for the 1st holiday.

Fair enough. I'd say the one of the Canary Islands is best but as I said thats they are the only places I have been except Egypt. I did another quick search for the Canaries and found some deals all inclusive that start from £352 per person.

teletextholidays.co.uk/Hol…=14
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions