Holiday Price Fluctuation?

Found 4th Feb 2011
Hi there!
My partner and I are looking at booking a holiday, I checked the price yesterday and it was £1407pp and the price today is £1497pp, I would be booking through Thomson and wondered if people think this is likely to be a permanent price increase or just a fluctuation?
Will the price drop back to £1407 like it has been for the last week?
Thank-you!
Community Updates
10 Comments
As i understand the best time to look for flights or holidays is around midnight on a Wednesday. Mon and Tue nights are not so good as people get back from work and think they need a hols.

When i booked my long flights late last year i booked them at about 11:30 pm on a Wednesday and by Thursday afternoon they had gone up by quite a lot.
chapchap

As i understand the best time to look for flights or holidays is around … As i understand the best time to look for flights or holidays is around midnight on a Wednesday. Mon and Tue nights are not so good as people get back from work and think they need a hols.When i booked my long flights late last year i booked them at about 11:30 pm on a Wednesday and by Thursday afternoon they had gone up by quite a lot.

Why dont people get back from work on a wednesday and think they need a holiday?:|
The price will just go up the closer you get to the date

The price will just go up the closer you get to the date

This is what I think but i'll be gutted if I book it and then it goes back down!
pompeycurry

This is what I think but i'll be gutted if I book it and then it goes … This is what I think but i'll be gutted if I book it and then it goes back down!

Booked flights to NY in October. They've just kept rising. Seats on the same flights now are £130 more than i paid.
Flights have gone up by quite a bit over Jan. I booked 2 flights to Calgary at the start of the month, they've gone up by £400 each since then.
Ive just booked a holiday with Thompson. Did you book online? If so the difference maybe the extra they charge for the seating, food on the plane, extra weight on the bags. I managed to get over £400 off a holiday which bought it down to £1,300 for 6 off us. I took the printout into the shop and they matched it. The small difference in the price sounds like one off these.
one thing i will say is once booked, never return to see if it has gone up/fallen!!

Before we booked out honeymoon online with thomson it changed dramatically during that week, up and down by £700 at one point and I've no idea why. Then a 'special room offer' appeared... The lowest of the month was on a Sunday morning. We booked when it when it was at a price we were happy to pay I haven't returned to see if it's gone up or down lol

Edited by: "sharon_uk" 5th Feb 2011
they seem to fluctuate quite a lot, went up and down 4 times over a week when I was looking
transit

It must be a tricky idea for you but well they do but not in the same … It must be a tricky idea for you but well they do but not in the same numbers as those of us who start the week at work and come home on a Monday night. Have dinner, drink a glass of wine,look out at the cold,dark,damp night and reckon they needa holiday somewhere nice. Why dont people get back from work on a wednesday and think they need a holiday?:|

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants