Holiday price suddenly going up (thomson)

6 replies
Found 31st Dec 2015
Was looking at a package holiday on their website decided to go for it had been of and on the page once or twice then price literally changed from £523 to £550 before our eyes! .... Seems odd or is a case of someone else booked it at the same exact moment so they whacked the price up as the availability went down by one?

6 Comments

yes

Make sure you delete all your cookies and cashe ect or try private browsing sometimes they are cheeky happened to me a few times booking train tickets.

darkstar2003

Make sure you delete all your cookies and cashe ect or try private … Make sure you delete all your cookies and cashe ect or try private browsing sometimes they are cheeky happened to me a few times booking train tickets.

This, and always do this sort of thing in a private browser session or alternatively use a portable web browser from the likes of portable apps just for this purpose.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/opera_portable

These companies track your usage and what you've looked at even on unrelated websites or competitor sites. I've seen it with nameless airline #1 offering a good price, check nameless airline #2 and their price was more expensive. Went back to airline number 1 and that the price has instantly increased to a few quid less than the other quote. Instantly disappeared with a private browsing session.

Original Poster

Cheers for the infoguys .. Tried the private browsing clearing cached and cookies etc but no luck on this occasion much have just gone up. Will remember this for future though !

woodys

Cheers for the infoguys .. Tried the private browsing clearing cached and … Cheers for the infoguys .. Tried the private browsing clearing cached and cookies etc but no luck on this occasion much have just gone up. Will remember this for future though !

It's worth doing whenever you compare stuff. Places I've come across that you often don't expect to see it;

insurance price comparison sites (this was a few years ago so it may have changed)
flights
package holidays
parking

There are probably loads more too but just a few worth considering that you might be giving away cash on.

More hits it gets they put the price up so don't refresh or keep clicking it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769261
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322842
    3. IKEA are releasing a range of furniture for pets in the UK67
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564105

See more discussions