Groups

Holiday questions.

'Morning all.
    I'm off work today as the little one ain't too good again - since she started day nursery it seems like she picks up a new illness every week. Not funny for her as I think she's getting a tad fed up after being ill for what must be 4 weeks or more on the run.

Anyways, all being well, we're off on jollys week after next so while I've got time on my hands to do a bit of searching, I'm after any handy hints on the following-

1-Car hire - looking to hire a smallish motor - clio size- for 1 week in June, to pick up/drop off from Palma airport, Majorca - anyone know any decent deals?

2- Check in- we are flying from Bournemouth airport with Ryanair cheapy airways. What's the score with check in these days? Do we just turn up & go or do we do it online beforehand or whatever? Not flown with them since before they changed things.

3-Dodgy liquids etc - Again, not flown since all the new security measures so does anyone have a linky to a guide as to what we can/can't take with us in terms of baby milk, drinks, knives, machine guns, lego etc etc

Going abroad on a hol has never been so stressful.

Thanks in advance dudes, I'm off to administer some more baby-drowser.

Col.

10 Comments

]Check in info (on the Ryanair website funnly enough!)

Cant take Machine guns...

Original Poster

Goonieman;5287472

]Check in info (on the Ryanair website funnly enough!)

Thanks!.

I've spent about half an age looking for this.:oops:

Original Poster

vengod;5287473

Cant take Machine guns...

How we meant to control the sprogs then?

karaokecolin;5287487

How we meant to control the sprogs then?

Your allowed to take Belts.

Morning Col. Hope your tot gets better soon - all good in the name of immunity.:thumbsup:
    You pretty much choose how to check in when you do the original booking with RA. You can't take anything at all that's remotely sharp in hand luggage but anything can go in the hold. For hand luggage you can have a 20cm x 20 cm (1 litre) plastic bag with as many containers of equal to or less than 100ml as you can fit in - all your lipsticks and suntan stuff etc - but that will be in hold luggage if you aren't doing hand luggage only. You have to check in at the airport if you have hold luggage. At least those were the rules last week at Bristol!!
    Have a lovely holiday.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

chesso;5287507

Morning Col. Hope your tot gets better soon - all good in the name of … Morning Col. Hope your tot gets better soon - all good in the name of immunity.:thumbsup:You pretty much choose how to check in when you do the original booking with RA. You can't take anything at all that's remotely sharp in hand luggage but anything can go in the hold. For hand luggage you can have a 20cm x 20 cm (1 litre) plastic bag with as many containers of equal to or less than 100ml as you can fit in - all your lipsticks and suntan stuff etc - but that will be in hold luggage if you aren't doing hand luggage only. You have to check in at the airport if you have hold luggage. At least those were the rules last week at Bristol!!Have a lovely holiday.:thumbsup:

Morning Chesso - nice to hear from you - hope you are well.

No sooner had I put the above in and then I finally found the Ryanair info. web page myself. Their site is very slow this morning - must be a bank holiday thing.

It will be nice to fly from Bournemouth airport - 5mins & £5 in a local taxi- as opposed to a half day trek up the A30/M5!

Little one is asleep at the mo. She has had a horrid few weeks bless her but you are right about the 'immunity factor'!

Thanks to you & the other guys for the help with the info!:-D

karaokecolin;5287559

Morning Chesso - nice to hear from you - hope you are well.No sooner had … Morning Chesso - nice to hear from you - hope you are well.No sooner had I put the above in and then I finally found the Ryanair info. web page myself. Their site is very slow this morning - must be a bank holiday thing.It will be nice to fly from Bournemouth airport - 5mins & £5 in a local taxi- as opposed to a half day trek up the A30/M5!Little one is asleep at the mo. She has had a horrid few weeks bless her but you are right about the 'immunity factor'!Thanks to you & the other guys for the help with the info!:-D

Very well thanks Col. Got back from staying with a friend in France last Wed. I wish we had an airport 5 mins away. We look all the time to se where we can get to from Exeter but they're not usually going where we want to. Newquay - enough said! Bristol is a heck of a lot better than London though. As you say A30/M5 - yuck.
    OK - better have breakfast.:oops:

Make sure you can get all your luggage in a Clio.

Bit anoying if you hire a small car, get to the airport, and find all you luggage does not fit in it.

The clio has a small boot, and suitcases can be rather large.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder711
      2. MacOS High Sierra - Workgroup name problem11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767434
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2749

See more discussions