Groups

Holiday recomendations.

Can anyone put forward any good holiday recomendations for mid Oct time. No idea where to go. Nice and warm with plenty to do ideally.

21 Comments

Paphos, Cyprus

dominican republic in the Caribbean been twice now fab place

Original Poster

ilovepink;5731418

Paphos, Cyprus

Yeah, it's nice there. That's the one place I have been . Bf has been to loads of places though lucky so and so.
    Never been to Mexico though if anyone else has? India was another thought....

Original Poster

kassy2005;5731439

dominican republic in the Caribbean been twice now fab place

What can you do there? Can you remember what local prices are like?

we stopped in an AI complex and ventured out a few times, horse riding , a tour to see the "real" dom rep, an excursion to slide down some waterfalls etc.. monster truck safaris into the jungles..
    you can do the swim with dolphins thing, they have loads of boat trips to different areas( paradise island)
    when you go out to the markets you haggle like mad.. if they ask $40 for something, offer them a third and they will bite your hand off !

Original Poster

kassy2005;5731520

we stopped in an AI complex and ventured out a few times, horse riding , … we stopped in an AI complex and ventured out a few times, horse riding , a tour to see the "real" dom rep, an excursion to slide down some waterfalls etc.. monster truck safaris into the jungles..you can do the swim with dolphins thing, they have loads of boat trips to different areas( paradise island)when you go out to the markets you haggle like mad.. if they ask $40 for something, offer them a third and they will bite your hand off !

Sounds like fun. I think i'd quite like to swim with dolphins.

Any more ideas anyone?

Barbados ! Plenty to do & the best hol ever

Maldives. Though not too much to do.

Original Poster

ChrisUK;5731620

Barbados ! Plenty to do & the best hol ever

I might sound dim...but is it a safe place?

What sorts of things do you like doing Bella?

bellabonkers;5731666

I might sound dim...but is it a safe place?

Yes, very.

It's not like Jamaica etc where your locked up in your complex, it's very open & the locals are great. You can walk around anywhere you want at all hours of the day/night

Been there 3 times though & will be going back again soon

Original Poster

chesso;5731696

What sorts of things do you like doing Bella?

Pretty much anything, Water sports are always good, sightseeing. anything to do with food and drink lol
    Beaches are nice but something neither of us are bothered about as long as we could have access to a pool.

bellabonkers;5731737

Pretty much anything, Water sports are always good, .

Hedonism II ?

Original Poster

esq3585;5731710

Sept 25th - Oct 31st.Been twice, you won't regret … Sept 25th - Oct 31st.Been twice, you won't regret it.http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/

Looks fun....I'll mention it to bf...though he has been to America 9 times already.... :-(
    (i've never been)

Baghdad?

Original Poster

boothy;5731776

Baghdad?

I think i'll give that one a miss!

bellabonkers;5731806

I think i'll give that one a miss!

Tehran then?

Original Poster

boothy;5731813

Tehran then?

Nah....can't quite see the appeal in that either.

Banned

crete or cyprus or canaries offer the best chance of sun in mid-october in europe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72944195
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3371225
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417214140
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1011

See more discussions