Found 20th May 2010
hey guys!

Looking for your recommendations on where to go on holiday this year.

It's for myself and my girlfriend. We are both in our mid 20's and would like somewhere thats not 18-30's but still fairly lively with things to do during the day and at night but fairly cheap (Around £500 or less for 7 nights). We like doing excusions and laying by the pool.

Last year we went Olu Deniz in Turkey and loved it so somewhere similar would be great!

1. Misc
  2. Holiday
6 Comments

I hear Thailand is banging at the mo.

I'll ignore the cheap part of your request...

Vegas!

Marmaris in turkey is similar to olu deniz - probably busier.

I like Majorca - palma is great for things to do/see and some good events on a night plus traditional boozy options.... Just avoid Magaluf!

(Same age as you and travelled as couple/ groups of couples)

The lakes in Italy are very nice. The ice cream is yumyum lol

I've been to Bodrum and Gumbet in Turkey which were nice but not a touch on Napa.
I cannot recommend Ayia Napa in Cyprus enough.
I am booked to go back again this year, (for my 5th time), although this time will be different as i'm taking the kids.

It would be perfect for you.
It has everything.
The excellent nightlife, the beautiful crystal clear ocean with all the watersports you could imagine, the biggest waterpark in europe, boat trips and excursions galore including trip's to Famagusta (if you're interested in that), beach buggies and quad bikes for more fun during the day as well as a permanent funfair if you fancy it.
LOTS of really nice restaurants and before people start saying about the euro, last year when we went, we were eating out, having a 3 course (really nice) meal for under 10 euros!

The thing i like about Ayia Napa is that you can have the best of both worlds.
You can have the mad nights out going to bars and clubbing but you can also have the relaxing chilled out side of it by the beaches and pool.

Last year we stayed at the Napa Plaza which is an absolute ideal location. It's also been voted the 9th best hotel in Napa out of over 100 hotels!
It is based right in the middle of the town, 3 or 4 minutes walk to the square (where all the nightlife is), about 5-10 mins walk to the beach and harbour BUT the hotel itself is set back from the town so when you're in the pool, you don't hear any noise, just beautiful peace n quiet.
Here is my review that i wrote for the hotel last year - ]http//ww…tml

This year we're staying at a new hotel called the Anesis which i got for £498pp for the last week in August.
I would say this was the perfect time to go as most of the younger kids have gone back due to getting ready for college etc but the temperatures are still very high and everything is still in full swing.
We went in October the year before and it rained 1 day (but got hot later on) but a lot of the bars and clubs were starting to close down for the season.
We stayed in the Olympic Lagoon which is another nice hotel with a GREAT pool but it is quite a bit out of town and we had to get taxi's every night (10 euros).

Some other links for you -
The Waterpark
]http//ww…xME
Beaches
]http//ww…R=1
Or just search on youtube.

If you're interested, i have LOADS of pictures from Napa (ranging from beautiful scenery to hotel pics to 300+ people bar crawls), on my facebook that you can have a look at if you want.

Any questions, just feel free to ask.

Original Poster

Thanks guys and especially to magough!

Will have a look at the suggestions!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    2. Full car respray22
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22