Holiday refund due to cancellation

Posted 26th Mar
Hi, just quick question anyone managed to get refund from “onthebeach.com” Company is not responding to emails or phone calls, its no communication at all. Holiday beeen cancelled like 10 days ago, received two emails that holiday has been cancelled, however no response after that. Paid by credit card, unfortunetely made claim direct to card suppier they advised couldnt help and continue to pursue the compamny. Im wondering is any more aptions? Atol is protected but im doubt they can help unless company go busted!?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Possible the people are in self isolation?
Also possible there are a few thousand such cases they have to wade through? Take a number and wait.
Edited by: "bozo007" 26th Mar
40193636-0ju3l.jpg
Just be patient, you will get your refund after 3 or 4 months. Corona Virus has slowed everything down now to third world levels. Chances are after 4 months, they will declare bankruptcy and then after another 2 months you will get your refund from the credit card company. Just a waiting game for you now.
Eileen_Dover26/03/2020 15:40

Just be patient, you will get your refund after 3 or 4 months. Corona …Just be patient, you will get your refund after 3 or 4 months. Corona Virus has slowed everything down now to third world levels. Chances are after 4 months, they will declare bankruptcy and then after another 2 months you will get your refund from the credit card company. Just a waiting game for you now.

wow, cery motivating.
Got a simialr problem with Travel Trolley, we are due to fly on Sunday and obvs cant. Cant get hold of anyone been trying for days. The airline say they cant help or even flag the tickets to say I have been in contact....tried calling, mailing and tweating nothing at al from them.
Peejay123426/03/2020 15:54

Got a simialr problem with Travel Trolley, we are due to fly on Sunday and …Got a simialr problem with Travel Trolley, we are due to fly on Sunday and obvs cant. Cant get hold of anyone been trying for days. The airline say they cant help or even flag the tickets to say I have been in contact....tried calling, mailing and tweating nothing at al from them.

Have you tried this link?40194408-chmdM.jpg
everyone wants a refund, these companies have no cash, write a long list of what you've booked and with whom

check all sites, i noticed some hotels are offering cancelation if you've not paid, with no charges.
if you've paid cash upfront sit back and wait

i have a colleague awaiting £9k from emirates were meant to fly the other day..
they aint paying out any time soon

it may be an insurance job or claim a credit card chargeback
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 26th Mar
I've got an holiday booked for May 15th with On The Beach that I'm pretty sure will get cancelled. Ironically my last holiday I had booked with On The Beach was with Thomas Cook and that got cancelled too due to them going bust etc.. They swiftly refunded me and gave me a £75 voucher for the inconvenience which I used towards the May holiday! Sorry I must have cursed them. I'm sure they'll get around to refunding you eventually. I had more luck contacting them via Facebook.
Rules are meant to be getting changed , so they dont have to refund you , just give you future credit off a holiday .
Apparently all travel firms have said if they refund everyone, they will have no funds and go into administration. So the government are supposedly helping them out and changing the rules of refunds .
How can they do that ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants