Groups

Holiday Scam?

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section! We've just 'won' a free 7 day self catering holiday for upto 6 people. All we have to do is attend a venue in Leeds, pay £29.50 per person 'admin costs'.

OK the scam alert red flashing light bulb is going off. The word TIMESHARE springs instantly to mind. So what's the chances of actually getting this holiday? Should we go to Leeds or not bother?

14 Comments

[SIZE=2]Definite scam. AVOID!!!![/SIZE]

Banned

Leeds is great for shopping though :whistling:

yeah avoid, i got a call yesterday saying i had won a day for me and a friend to attend a photo sitting with make over, complimentary wine and then the opportunity to BUY the photos lol, oh and they wanted £49.99 each deposit...refundable of course!

Banned

loupomm

yeah avoid, i got a call yesterday saying i had won a day for me and a … yeah avoid, i got a call yesterday saying i had won a day for me and a friend to attend a photo sitting with make over, complimentary wine and then the opportunity to BUY the photos lol, oh and they wanted £49.99 each deposit...refundable of course!

I could do you a make over for a tenner Lou.. any good ?
    :giggle:

dog_cop

I could do you a make over for a tenner Lou.. any good ?:giggle:

i was also told i would get unlimited wine.... can you top that?

Original Poster

Thanks, thought as much but they seemed so genuine on the phone ;-)

Banned

loupomm

i was also told i would get unlimited wine.... can you top that?

checks in cupboard.... yes have some cooking sherry that should be enough for you :giggle:

dog_cop

checks in cupboard.... yes have some cooking sherry that should be … checks in cupboard.... yes have some cooking sherry that should be enough for you :giggle:

that'll do nicely!

anyway bck to the op, i would say dont waste your time

Banned

loupomm

that'll do nicely!anyway bck to the op, i would say dont waste your time

sorted ..

there again with all the scams around nowadays ... If its too good to be true it must be a scam thats how I see it.

Banned

Errr.... when someone says you have won a competition I say 'how, since I didnt apply for any competitions?'

Next response is 'I am a bit busy now, give me your number and I will call you back'

And finally, sure I will attend but I require a personal attendance fee of £50.

As for Personal Makeover Photos, I dont charge for attendance only for the shots people want.

Beware!

I could go for youI require a £50 attendance fee though:p

Did they say where you had to attend??

This is a timeshare scam

scam...................

Definitely a timeshare scam
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010