Groups

holiday/caravan park lakedistric/blackpool/chester...

This time last year I came to you guys to see if anyone could help with some recommendations on where to go for a wee break away, we ended up going to Berwick and had a lovely time just stayed in a quiet caravan park.
    This time we are going to visit friends in Wigan then Liverpool, we live in Scotland so we will be travelling down, and id like to have a wee short break in a holiday park or something over a weekend.

I believe a good place to stop thats on route would be lakedistrict, blackpool or chester area...has anyone stayed in any holiday or caravan parks around the area that they would recommend? So many to choose from really.

im looking for something nice, not too busy, main thing is a clean caravan. Indoor pool on site would be nice, and perhaps some entertainment. My daughter is 3, so would be nice to have something to keep her entertained even if that be a pong near by, childrens play area, nature walks... etc.... really stuck for what to do... suggestions MOST appreciated, rep will be added, thank you xxx

7 Comments

Banned

I have stayed here and it was nice:-

haven.com/par…spx

Seacote Caravan Park at St Bees in Cumbria is right on the beach with a lovely childrens playground. Haven't stayed was just visiting the beach but it looked really nice, quiet park.

Have stayed at Haven Lakeland (Grange-over-Sands - not that far from the M6), busy, noisy but does have an indoor and outdoor pool.

On your way down to Wigan (if its a nice day) stop off at Morecambe - the council have a great splash park (free) which our kids loved.
    lancaster.gov.uk/spo…rk/

Try Ribby holiday village...it is FAB!!!!

I stayed at Marton Mere near blackpool last year, done the job.....And quite close to the centre too Hoping to go back for a short break this year too

Ribby hall is great - a bit more upmarket than caravan sites so more pricey - but if you can get a deal definately recommend. Marton Mere is dreadful - the worst haven site I have ever stayed on - though after complaining I did get a freebie holiday to Haggerston which was great!
    Lakeland is fine as well.

Original Poster

thank you everyone going to look into these

Original Poster

Ribby Hall Looks Fab but its full
    Seacote looks just abit too quiet, not much to do on the site like swimming or anything..
    haven lakeland is £267 which is a bit much i think for just the 3 days..(and Id only be staying 2 of the days)
    Marton Mare is £235 - those are the only 2 available for my date sin the blackpool/lakeland area...

So no joy yet
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1111
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?918
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767234
      4. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…45

See more discussions