Groups

Home Access Grants (laptops and P.C's) info wanted please...

....what did you get and where did you buy it from? I"m interested to know as I'm looking through all the sites and getting confused. Is Microsoft Office a must have when getting a new computer?

16 Comments

All home access computers have office pre installed along with security software. Tbh they are fine for a child. But I thing this scheme is a waste of money as whilst working I've come accross many cases where customers are actually getting the laptop or pc for themselves and the child will never see it. ( not saying that you would donthis)

I would get the Samsung R519 from misco complete package and use up the £528 if you got that granted.

Don't get the ACER EXTENSA 5235 deal from Comet or anywhere else selling the Acer the celeron 900 in them is really slow. The Lenovo is bad as well. Get a full size laptop eg the R519.

If you get full package it would entitle you to a Mobile dongle to get internet for 1 year. laptop, bag, support etc

wickedteen;8552729

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_R519_Windows_7_32_Bit_-_15.6_Inch__TFT_Laptop_NP-R519-JA0AUK/version.asp?PID=749only £329 here

Yup but not FREE

£180 for a dongle with 1yrs internet as well even though we know you can get that for £79.99 (but is also FREE)

all celeron cpu's are slow

how do you qualify for this free deal then?

wickedteen;8552756

all celeron cpu's are slow

Nope the t3100 is not SLOW chances are it's faster than your CPU:Lol

Out of curiosity what CPU you using >?

dontasciime;8552778

Nope the t3100 is not SLOW chances are it's faster than your CPU:LolOut … Nope the t3100 is not SLOW chances are it's faster than your CPU:LolOut of curiosity what CPU you using >?

Q9400 overclocked to 3.6

Original Poster

dontasciime;8552700

I would get the Samsung R519 from misco complete package and use up the … I would get the Samsung R519 from misco complete package and use up the £528 if you got that granted.Don't get the ACER EXTENSA 5235 deal from Comet or anywhere else selling the Acer the celeron 900 in them is really slow. The Lenovo is bad as well. Get a full size laptop eg the R519.If you get full package it would entitle you to a Mobile dongle to get internet for 1 year. laptop, bag, support etc

The Samsung was the one I was looking at so thanks for that. Will rep all :thumbsup:

heard some reports that the netintelligence software is a ****** to get around and will stop access to the likes of facebook and MSN.

tho since the free laptop paid for by the taxpayers is supposed to be for educational purposes, its probs a good thing!

Banned

dontasciime;8552778

Nope the t3100 is not SLOW chances are it's faster than your CPU:LolOut … Nope the t3100 is not SLOW chances are it's faster than your CPU:LolOut of curiosity what CPU you using >?

wickedteen;8552935

Q9400 overclocked to 3.6

lol

wickedteen;8552935

Q9400 overclocked to 3.6

Stock & in laptop :lol

its a pc, i dont use laptops

wickedteen;8560765

its a pc, i dont use laptops

Fair enough but I did mean against another laptop.

The dual core celeron T3100 is a good cpu... (Celerons usually/ normally are pants and best avoided normally same as anything that ends in Ron) but this one is decent and beats many core 2's for overall CPU. cpubenchmark.net/cpu…GHz

Compared to the comet deal which for free is still good but CPU is (older Celeron) and very slow
    cpubenchmark.net/cpu…MHz

^Not the sum of everything but it does help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24107
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119

See more discussions