Home Bargains 'Hot Pepper Sauce' Do Not Eat!!

Found 5th Jul 2015
Warning this product is a bowel killer! It has made me pass blood on 4 occasions in 2 weeks! Has anyone had this? If no, you're in luck! Just never buy it - I swear it is lethal.. )=
Community Updates
MiscSauces
33 Comments
Original Poster
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p498/thehungrygames/2015-07-05%2023.31.06.jpg
It's a bit crap but you can see what it is. There is another similar bottle/brand that might be right next to this on the shelf - I suspect they are from the same company since they look very alike (one had less ingredients than the other tho) Avoid!

Edited by: "consume" 5th Jul 2015
Hope you have booked in with a Doctor to get that checked. Home Bargains don't do their own label products so whats the maker?
Even if you eat very hot spices, you shouldn't be passing blood!

You may have piles or something innocuousbut blood found in stools can be the cause of something sinister so best go to your GP for a checkup.
Original Poster
Yes I will call my gp on Tuesday cos I'm going out on a trip tomorrow. >.< Having quite a few body problems this summer, sigh.. not a good one for me this year
Original Poster
Mark2111

Even if you eat very hot spices, you shouldn't be passing blood!You may … Even if you eat very hot spices, you shouldn't be passing blood!You may have piles or something innocuousbut blood found in stools can be the cause of something sinister so best go to your GP for a checkup.

I've read on the net that people have had blood coming out as a result of eating various chilis, and seeing as I've never this sort of discharge, it must be the chili. Or the chili has triggered something that I didn't have before which must be because I haven't had any hot chili like this in 2 years

Edited by: "consume" 5th Jul 2015
Milk neutralises hot spices and chillies. Water will not stop the burn. If you drink a glass of milk before eating anything hot, that will help. If you ever eat raw chillies, then eat them with a cube of cheese and that neutralises the heat too.
Doctor Mark is in da house
Mark2111

Milk neutralises hot spices and chillies. Water will not stop the burn. … Milk neutralises hot spices and chillies. Water will not stop the burn. If you drink a glass of milk before eating anything hot, that will help. If you ever eat raw chillies, then eat them with a cube of cheese and that neutralises the heat too.

A couple of weeks ago I bit a dried chilli, burnt like ****. Tried the milk trick, didn't work. Lemon juice is supposed to help as well. It didn't X)
Are you sure that was blood and not the chilli sauce? .. on a serious note, get well soon
Shengis

A couple of weeks ago I bit a dried chilli, burnt like ****. Tried the … A couple of weeks ago I bit a dried chilli, burnt like ****. Tried the milk trick, didn't work. Lemon juice is supposed to help as well. It didn't X)

I can eat hot chillies with cubes of cheese but the I don't think I could manage this drink
gizmodo.com/593…ght
ps having passed blood on four occasions.......you should really stop with the chilli sauce X)

consume

Warning this product is a bowel killer! It has made me pass blood … Warning this product is a bowel killer! It has made me pass blood on 4 occasions in 2 weeks! Has anyone had this? If no, you're in luck! Just never buy it - I swear it is lethal.. )=

Ouch oO

But why would you carry on having it after the first or second time you passed blood?

Yoghurt is also supposed to help with burning.
I do love a decent hot sauce, my favourite has to be the small bottles of tobasco, is this one hotter?
I've never tried this particular one, but I have tried similar ones and don't find them that hot, but saying that I am able to down a bottle of tabasco in one go and eat scotch bonnets whole. Anyone who is looking for a proper hot sauce needs to google 'Dave's Insanity Sauce'. Now that is some hot stuff!
You really honestly need to go see a Dr - chilli sauce shouldn't do this at any heat. Hope you're okay.
big up scotch bonnet!!
Mark2111

I can eat hot chillies with cubes of cheese but the I don't think I could … I can eat hot chillies with cubes of cheese but the I don't think I could manage this drinkhttp://gizmodo.com/5933415/the-vodka-so-dangerous-you-should-never-drink-it-straight

That gadge's a psycho X)
Aiden1512

Ouch oOBut why would you carry on having it after the first or second … Ouch oOBut why would you carry on having it after the first or second time you passed blood? Yoghurt is also supposed to help with burning. I do love a decent hot sauce, my favourite has to be the small bottles of tobasco, is this one hotter?

Try a bottle of this.......
http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/021/5026289030021/IDShot_225x225.jpg

.......not all in one sitting though !!

Lovely stuff, one of my favourites.
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/stuartjhanley/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-06-07-50-17_zpsxdn9qy6q.png
Monkeybumcheeks

Try a bottle of this..............not all in one sitting though !!Lovely … Try a bottle of this..............not all in one sitting though !!Lovely stuff, one of my favourites.

Lightweight. (_;) I have that stuff on my Rice Krispies & if there's any left i pour it in my eyes.
Monkeybumcheeks

Try a bottle of this..............not all in one sitting though !!Lovely … Try a bottle of this..............not all in one sitting though !!Lovely stuff, one of my favourites.

I've never come across that one before. Will give it a go if I see one.
Perhaps not on rice krispies though.
Try Psycho Sauce, much milder on the tongue
Go see a doctor you have the rockford files .
OldEnglish

Lightweight. (_;) I have that stuff on my Rice Krispies & if there's any … Lightweight. (_;) I have that stuff on my Rice Krispies & if there's any left i pour it in my eyes.

I've never thought to do that, so I've downed half a bottle and I'm rubbing some into my eyes now......

...............all three of them oO
LogicalHarm

You really honestly need to go see a Dr - chilli sauce shouldn't do this … You really honestly need to go see a Dr - chilli sauce shouldn't do this at any heat. Hope you're okay.

Agree 100%.
Op needs to see doc asap.

Op, if you're coping ok with it, but still have blood-spots (despite docs' treatment) it's possible you've got some damage that might take a while to heal.
If that is the case, I'd advise avoiding spicy foods, hot drinks (esp' caffeine) and alcohol, until things clear up.

As others have said - the blood may be due to hemorrhoids, but your doctor would need to confirm - and prescribe appropriate treatment.

Soothe and heal a damaged esophagus (and other parts of the digestive system) with a heaped teaspoon of slippery elm powder (buy from a herbalist) mixed through a cup of Greek (or plain) yoghurt - add a heaped teaspoon of honey (preferably 10+ manuka) both for additional healing and taste.
Eat it just before you go to sleep - and don't 'wash it down' with a drink - as the idea is it gets to work on the esophagus overnight as you sleep.

For hemorrhoids, strengthen damaged veins using a mixture made up of one cupful apple cider vinegar, one cup 'runny' honey added to four cups boiled water and quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Wait 10 mins' for it to cool then take a cup before and or during meals (can be taken cold if preferred).

There are other treatments, but be absolutely sure to discuss with your GP before using anything.

Hope this helps, and hope you get well soon.
God bless

Edited by: "tryn2help" 6th Jul 2015
P.S. Here's a really helpful (and tasty) meal suitable for helping the condition you describe; myrecipes.com/rec…int
It's a good idea to add a half cupful each of freshly chopped spinach and watercress spread over the meal before serving ( I always throw in a cupful of small cubed fresh mango - yummy).
Enjoy.
do not consume!
https://cheaperthantherapy.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sobeautiful.jpg
anymore.
Original Poster

^ yuhh it's still sat on that table in the pic. Never again. In fact, I don't want to try any really hot chili anymore for the timebeing. I have a Peri Peri in the fridge, though, which I have no problems with. Nice pic tho not lol :P

I kind of liked it though, and I admit it is a shame. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe my body is indeed the culprit... or maybe I am right and the huge stock they had backs me up (nobody wants it). I agree though, I should have stopped after the first use, which was exactly 2 weeks ago today.
choc1969

ps having passed blood on four occasions.......you should really stop … ps having passed blood on four occasions.......you should really stop with the chilli sauce X)

consume

Warning this product is a bowel killer! It has made me pass blood … Warning this product is a bowel killer! It has made me pass blood on 4 occasions in 2 weeks! Has anyone had this? If no, you're in luck! Just never buy it - I swear it is lethal.. )=

tryn2help

Op, if you're coping ok with it, but still have blood-spots (despite … Op, if you're coping ok with it, but still have blood-spots (despite docs' treatment) it's possible you've got some damage that might take a while to heal.

I think it is. I ain't had Tobasco for a long time so not sure. It could be on the same level as the 'extra hot' Tobasco, but since I never tried that one am not sure.

The first time it happened there was blood in the bowl and on toilet paper. Yesterday I only had it on the paper. Ugh... And yep, I can't wait to get it checked out. Should feel better after that

Thanks everyone for reassurance! If I am proved by my dr that it wasn't the sauce, I'll dismiss the negativity I have towards it right now even though it is an Encona rip off.. so you can all safely buy a bottle, if you want to!
Do you know how many scovilles? I had some of this
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41PQtE%2B1I6L.jpg

and must admit it was quite hot, but raw dorset naga was worst. I think I'm sort of addicted to the hot stuff
Remember op, free medical advice is available in the Ask section.
Op you do realise this sauce manufacturer is going to consume your ass now you've publicly falsely smeared their good name. X)
tryn2help

P.S. Here's a really helpful (and tasty) meal suitable for helping the … P.S. Here's a really helpful (and tasty) meal suitable for helping the condition you describe; http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/basmati-rice-with-basil-mintIt's a good idea to add a half cupful each of freshly chopped spinach and watercress spread over the meal before serving ( I always throw in a cupful of small cubed fresh mango - yummy). Enjoy.

Hey good to see you back
been chilling ?
Will have to try this now OP X)
Edited by: "Wongy110" 6th Jul 2015
thewongwing101

Hey good to see you back :Dbeen chilling ?Will have to try this now OP X)

Thanks Wongy' - you're very kind

Been in and out of hospital last few weeks, bit painful, and sometimes just don't feel up to much.

Today, I'm trying to stall the meds as they are often the main reason I have difficulty fully functioning.

I know a little about health matters and treatments only because I've sort of been forced to pay attention to these matters.

tryn2help

Thanks Wongy' - you're very kind

Me as well there is always ask (_;) X)
all the best
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants