Home Bargains recall Malibu Factor 30 sun spray as it has no sun protection!

Found 27th Jun
Home Bargains have recalled Malibu factor 30 dry oil spray as tests showed it had no spf protection in them at all. They were just filled with tanning oil by mistake.

Limited numbers have been sold before they noticed that they had been bottled incorrectly but anyone has has bought them are being asked to return to stores for a full refund. They were sold in store only not online. The ones affected have a brown flip top lid.
They are labelled as barcode 5025135116278 batch code 18086.

Apparently less than 200 were affected

Looking for some suncream offers? Some excellent deals here

2969585.jpg
News Source The Sun
Community Updates
MiscRum
Top comments
Not surprising, neither rum or coconut are known for their UV blocking qualities.
Edited by: "spoo" 27th Jun
mastablasta2 h, 36 m ago

I never use any of the sun sprays either here or in Florida. Why would …I never use any of the sun sprays either here or in Florida. Why would you want to stop your own body’s defence method?

Why would you admit to doing something so stupid?
25 Comments
This is actually appalling.
I smell a tasty lawsuit coming
Oh dear, that could see them in a lot of trouble.
COMPO
Not surprising, neither rum or coconut are known for their UV blocking qualities.
Edited by: "spoo" 27th Jun
spoo17 m ago

Not surprising, neither rum or coconut are known for their UV blocking …Not surprising, neither rum or coconut are known for their UV blocking qualities.

passing out under a table helps?
Are Home Bargains the only ones effected?Funny that
catbeans2 m ago

Are Home Bargains the only ones effected?Funny that

Apparently it was a specific batch number that was affected that was only sold to Home Bargains less than 200 bottles in all - Have added the barcode and batch code to the op
I never use any of the sun sprays either here or in Florida. Why would you want to stop your own body’s defence method?
mastablasta19 m ago

I never use any of the sun sprays either here or in Florida. Why would …I never use any of the sun sprays either here or in Florida. Why would you want to stop your own body’s defence method?

Because the your body doesn’t have one; it has a healing process activated from being exposed to radioactive rays from the sun. It’s a bit like saying you never wear helmets for the same reason
mastablasta29 m ago

A sun tan is sun damage
Thanks for sharing op, hope anyone who bought this sees this before they use it.

mastablasta1 h, 53 m ago

Cancer.
mastablasta1 h, 57 m ago

What is "your own body’s defence method"?
mastablasta2 h, 9 m ago

Oh my word, why would you say that?

nhs.uk/con…er/

I know a few people that have suffered with this, although not always life threatening, it's certainly not something you'd want, especially when it can be avoided.
mastablasta2 h, 36 m ago

deeky3 h, 52 m ago

I don’t circumvent the body’s warning system of burning by using a lotion to expose my skin to more deadly rays.

And why haven’t skin cancer rates in Australia gone down after all the promotion of using said lotions?

If anything I would expect cancer rates to be higher with lotion users.
I have been wearing a hat & covering as much skin as possible but need something for my face. Going to try raspberry seed oil for a more natural alternative
Edited by: "sellingmysoul666" 28th Jun
mastablasta11 h, 7 m ago

I don’t circumvent the body’s warning system of burning by using a lotion t …I don’t circumvent the body’s warning system of burning by using a lotion to expose my skin to more deadly rays. And why haven’t skin cancer rates in Australia gone down after all the promotion of using said lotions? If anything I would expect cancer rates to be higher with lotion users.

Ok mate. You obviously know your stuff.
mastablasta11 h, 13 m ago

I don’t circumvent the body’s warning system of burning by using a lotion t …I don’t circumvent the body’s warning system of burning by using a lotion to expose my skin to more deadly rays. And why haven’t skin cancer rates in Australia gone down after all the promotion of using said lotions? If anything I would expect cancer rates to be higher with lotion users.

agreed - slapping on sun skin instantly reverses the years of damage already taken

burning is not a warning - its a burn

falling to your death is not a warning about the dangers of hanging off the top of a 30 floor building (not to you anyway)
Edited by: "brilly" 28th Jun
mastablasta1 h, 36 m ago

BMJ journel - Sunlight prevents cancer

[ en.wikipedia.org/wik…n_D ]

"...some evidence suggests that low vitamin D may be associated with a worse outcome for some cancers, and that higher 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels at the time of diagnosis are associated with better outcomes..."
tregs17 h, 45 m ago

What is "your own body’s defence method"?

Not being a helmet; wearing one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants