Groups
    EXPIRED

Home Brewing (beer/lager) websites

I want to start home brewing (some beer/lager, not PSP games) but have no idea where to start

Does anyone with a bit of experience know where I can get some background info, and then purchase a starter kit?

Any info / advice greatly appreciated

6 Comments

I saw a starter brewer kit in our local Wilkinsons store, think it was £10.00, and you need to get some containers with they prob sell, and just add water, then wait. Sounds a good idea. Good luck.

wilkinsonplus.com/bin…rew

:thumbsup:

[url]www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk[/url] is quite good, have had a fair bit off them in the past.

Also worth trying to find a shop locally as they are always a good source of advice. I go to a shop in Coalville occasionally and they buy and sell demijohns at a fraction of the price you pay brand new.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys - I suppose I should really walk into a shop to get some advice before buying the equipment - do you think that this is one of those times where I should use the shop instead of the web?

I started off on the web and ordered a kit, brewing sugar, airlock, brew bin, siphon, brew heater, bottle caps and sterilising powder. Then started collecting beer / cider bottles from friends to use when bottling up.

Best to use green and brown beer bottles when bottling as they reduce the chance of the beer going off in sunlight.

beers.co.uk/hom…tml has some info to get you started

Original Poster

Great - thanks Statto - I'll have a good look at that website

over and out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions