Groups

Home buildings insurance?

Ok so my mother in law has been with her home insurance company for over 25 years and only ever made one claim for some roof tiles about 8 years ago,today she rings her insurance company (halifax) and says she wants to put in a claim for her guttering falling down from the heavy snow,she was told she could not claim because its not storm damage and she will have to foot the bill herself? Is this right can they do this? I am a little angry at this anyone else had the same problem?

5 Comments

well it really depends on the terms on her policy, she could try to argue it with someone higher up perhaps?

Original Poster

tracyhay

well it really depends on the terms on her policy, she could try to argue … well it really depends on the terms on her policy, she could try to argue it with someone higher up perhaps?

Insurers say she is covered for storm damage ie rain/thunder/wind but not snow this is stupid imo snow is rain but frozen? I think they have had millions of claims for the same thing and are trying to get out of paying.

tara1082

Insurers say she is covered for storm damage ie rain/thunder/wind but not … Insurers say she is covered for storm damage ie rain/thunder/wind but not snow this is stupid imo snow is rain but frozen? I think they have had millions of claims for the same thing and are trying to get out of paying.

nah surely not! she can only try, might be worth speaking to someone in the CIB they might be able to advise her better

Banned

read the policy

Banned

We don't really get snow storms to be honest though and storm refers to the high winds say 35mph.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions