Groups

Home Cinema Dolby Atmos

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a cheap speaker deal. I'm thinking of going for the denon avr 2300 for my receiver and now i need to get a speaker set up to go with it. I'm planning a usual 5.1 setup with 2 speakers in the ceiling so I can take advantage of Dolby atmos. Can anyone recommend some speakers that would suit this setup. Thanks

6 Comments

5.1 won't give you atmos. You need 5.1.2
    The .2 are the atmos speakers in the ceiling.
    Can't give you specific speaker advice but what I would say is buy the best you can afford. Unlike most av kit a decent speaker purchase in the first instance can last you decades

Just get a cheap set of 2nd hand q acoustics or real/non argos wharfedales off ebay. The subwoofer is what you want to dump you money into, best budget subwoofer I know is the B.K. electronics xls200 off ebay. On these setups it's the bass you're paying for but because it not as directional as treble/mids you can offload it to the subwoofer.

Original Poster

Nice one thanks. What about ceiling speakers? Would these ones do the job? m.richersounds.com/!/product/camb-incognito-ss10

Don't have to be in ceiling .....most are not good anyway. You can get upward firing units that sit on top of your front speakers and bounce sound off the ceiling

roganhersee

Nice one thanks. What about ceiling speakers? Would these ones do the … Nice one thanks. What about ceiling speakers? Would these ones do the job? http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/camb-incognito-ss10

They're rated at 4 ohms, they might stress a small Amp if cracked up too loud but this shouldn't be a problem with 99% of the AMPs out there. If you set up your speakers as SMALL instead of Large in the AMP setup this forces the lowend bass to be diverted to the subwoofer and you don't want a too much deep bass in your ceiling.

Also check out these
    richersounds.com/pro…165

kester76

set up your speakers as SMALL instead of Large in the AMP setup this … set up your speakers as SMALL instead of Large in the AMP setup this forces the lowend bass to be diverted to the subwoofer and you don't want a too much deep bass in your ceiling. [/url]

This....
    Wise words.
    Even with big floorstanders up front, if you have a sub do this...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cordial....11
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…23
      3. Family Spotify account32
      4. Does anyone have a spare code from the inside of a Kellogg's cereal box for…55

See more discussions