Groups

Home Cinema help please

I am trying to set up my Blu Ray player to work through my Surround sound system, does an Optical cable provide 5.1 or do I need something different?

8 Comments

optical is good yes....

Yep Optical cable does provide that, as long as though your surround sound system has optical input.

Original Poster

cakeybwoy;7155275

optical is good yes....

many thanks:)

Original Poster

Naeem786;7155278

Yep Optical cable does provide that, as long as though your surround … Yep Optical cable does provide that, as long as though your surround sound system has optical input.

yes it has, it only has one input for optical though, what can I use for Sky HD if I use my optical input for the Blu ray????

optical or coaxial (dependant upon the outputs on your Blu Ray player) will do fine :thumbsup:

EDIT: If your BR player has both, use coaxial for that, and then Optical for SkyHD

skusey;7155300

yes it has, it only has one input for optical though, what can I use for … yes it has, it only has one input for optical though, what can I use for Sky HD if I use my optical input for the Blu ray????

You can get optical splitters for couple of quid and they do the trick and obviously will need another cable. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I used coaxial and with that I get crackling sometimes and found optical better.

Original Poster

cakeybwoy;7155275

optical is good yes....

midlandscomics;7155305

optical or coaxial (dependant upon the outputs on your Blu Ray player) … optical or coaxial (dependant upon the outputs on your Blu Ray player) will do fine :thumbsup:EDIT: If your BR player has both, use coaxial for that, and then Optical for SkyHD

Naeem786;7155319

You can get optical splitters for couple of quid and they do the trick … You can get optical splitters for couple of quid and they do the trick and obviously will need another cable. :thumbsup:EDIT: I used coaxial and with that I get crackling sometimes and found optical better.

cheers peeps, rep for your help

is it possible to conect my tv to a home surround sound? as at the min its only conected to my dvd player

sorry for jacking ur thread skusey
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767122
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released77
      3. TechInTheBasket?47
      4. word association Game73844443

See more discussions