Groups

home cinema problem

hi .i have a samsung home cinema systym that works fine i.e plays dvd's radio but has stopped playing cd's.anyone knw what the problem could be and will it be expensive to fix? cheers nobby the welder

10 Comments

some don't play cd-r discs i think

Original Poster

no it did when i got it then for some reason it does'nt now could it be somthing to do with the reader:?:

i had a samsung dvd recorder and it was rubbish. started off good but slowly stopped reading certain discs which worked fine in other dvd players. it soon ended up in the bin! lol.
    i'd never buy a samsung dvd player again!

My Toshiba home cinema system has stopped reading region 2 DVD's with the exception of Savimg Private Ryan. It'll play all my region 1 DVD and audio CD's without issue but R2's just come up as "Disc Error".

Grrr.

A few more details on the system you have please.
    1. Try unplugging it, plugging it back in and see if any effect
    2. Try Lens cleaner.

Google your system with model number/letters followed by words stopped playing cd's. See if you get anything.

Original Poster

its a samsung ht -thx 22

Ok samsung support page

samsung.com/uk/…+22

I take it the cd's it does not play now are ones that have played in the past.

There seems to be a reset procedure for this equipment I found on the faqs on the above page.

1. In DAB function, press and hold down 'STOP' on the remote control for more than 5 seconds.
    2. When 'INIT' is displayed, switch off the unit at the mains socket.

There also seems to be a firmware update available, however it the guide is not great and it does not say what problem it fixes.

I would start by making sure the lens is clean. Try at least 10 different CDs including home burned to see if you get any to work. Then maybe a reset and then possibly the firmware upgrade if you really need to get these working, although you have to be very careful with firmware updates or they can leave you with a dead box.

if this comment is anything to go by this may spread to you DVDs

reevoo.com/p/s…296

Playing CD's then DVD causes playback problems and disc errors. Still experiencing problems.

Can't find anything else, but let me know if you have any more info.

Good luck.

Original Poster

when you say dab mode do you mean in dvd play mode coz i did that and nothing happened?

NOBBYTHEWELDER;7583001

when you say dab mode do you mean in dvd play mode coz i did that and … when you say dab mode do you mean in dvd play mode coz i did that and nothing happened?

Dab is Digital Audio Broadcast

I assume it has a Dab radio mode.

NOBBYTHEWELDER;7583001

when you say dab mode do you mean in dvd play mode coz i did that and … when you say dab mode do you mean in dvd play mode coz i did that and nothing happened?

I have had another look at the manual and it seems the cut a paste I did from the FAQ for your system was wrong. You don't have Dab radio on this so can't change to Dab mode.

I found this in the actual manual download.

• While the player is in No DIsc mode, hold the DVD Players STOP ( ) button for longer than 5 seconds. “INITIAL” appears on
    the display and all settings will return to the default values.
    • Press the POWER button.
    Using the RESET function will erase all stored settings.
    Do not use this unless necessary.

bottom of page 44.
    downloadcenter.samsung.com/con…pdf

I assume no Disc mode means without a disc in. See it this works.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????23
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      3. Good Sim only deals??611
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1424

See more discussions