Home Cinema surround sound help

7 replies
Found 9th Sep 2009
Can anyone recommend me a surround sound system for my SkyHD/PS3 etc, do I have to go for a 5.1 or is 2.1 acceptable?
Mrs skusey doesnt want the 20 foot high speakers though.
Thanks in advance

7 Comments

5.1 would be better!! Get one of those clever BOSE all in one boxes.

Original Poster

Millsy77;6251605

5.1 would be better!! Get one of those clever BOSE all in one boxes.

any links?
Bose are excellent:thumbsup:

Definitely 5.1

Depends on whether you like your neighbours... I have my 5.1 system in the bedroom and can't actually use it in 5.1 after 10-11pm as the floor vibrates and would annoy the neighbours that we get along with

But TBH even when using in 2.1 mode the sound is excellent anyway.... it's a logic3 soundstage that I'm using BTW - around £180 or so.

how bout:

logitech.com/ind…,en

they sell on ebay for £90 ish and heard they are very good, can connect to most things

paddy.stone;6252262

Depends on whether you like your neighbours... I have my 5.1 system in … Depends on whether you like your neighbours... I have my 5.1 system in the bedroom and can't actually use it in 5.1 after 10-11pm as the floor vibrates and would annoy the neighbours that we get along with :(But TBH even when using in 2.1 mode the sound is excellent anyway.... it's a logic3 soundstage that I'm using BTW - around £180 or so.

He could live in a detached house

DarkKnight;6253356

He could live in a detached house

LOL - well in that case he would LOVE his neighbours as they're further away and less prone to annoyance :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions