Home Cinema System Query

Found 1st Oct 2017
Hi all,

Lately, I have been looking to enhance my movie watching / gaming experience by researching Home Cinema systems. Unfortunately, even after many hours spent, I sitll haven't been able to find anything or find any product type that might suit my budget / requirements hence I thought I will see if anyone on this forum might be able to recommend something.

Please find below my requirements:

- I want a 5.1 surround sound system, just speakers to connect to my Hisense 4K TV. As I have young children, I don't want the tall speakers so ideally would want the speakers to be of regular size so I can put them somewhere high.
- I am looking to spend upto £70-80.
- This is mainly to watch movies as well as gaming.

Apart from this, I don't have any technical expertise to define some more requirements.

As always, your help is appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

NomiKaay
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Kids are fine with tower speakers, worse case they push the dust caps in and you either suck them out or just leave them as they don't make a noticeable difference. For £70-80 you're going to be looking at the bottom end stuff which isn't great for music but fine for TV.
Have you considered getting a sound bar? You get as much experience with soundbar as you would with 5.1 or 7.1 surround system. Soundbars will also match your budget too.
Here probably the best you'll get for the money £79.99. Plus use discount code - SPEAK20. for 20% off the marked price. Enter code at checkout. Hurry Ends Tuesday
ding25 m ago

Here probably the best you'll get for the money £79.99. Plus use discount …Here probably the best you'll get for the money £79.99. Plus use discount code - SPEAK20. for 20% off the marked price. Enter code at checkout. Hurry Ends Tuesday

They are not Home Theatre Kits. They are for PC Laptops.
pricesavvy44 m ago

Have you considered getting a sound bar? You get as much experience with …Have you considered getting a sound bar? You get as much experience with soundbar as you would with 5.1 or 7.1 surround system. Soundbars will also match your budget too.

As I lack the technical expertise, my decision to pursue 5.1 speakers was based on the fact that many individual speakers are better than one soundbar. How does a soundbar replicate the same effect 5 individual speakers do?
pricesavvy34 m ago

They are not Home Theatre Kits. They are for PC Laptops.

I know that but the op just said " just speakers to connect to my Hisense 4K TV " then as long as the op has a 3.5 jack plug socket then these will connect to the op's tv
NomiKaay49 m ago

As I lack the technical expertise, my decision to pursue 5.1 speakers was …As I lack the technical expertise, my decision to pursue 5.1 speakers was based on the fact that many individual speakers are better than one soundbar. How does a soundbar replicate the same effect 5 individual speakers do?

It doesn't, whatever anyone wants to tell you. However for 5.1 sound you need an amp can decode the 6 channels associated with 5.1 (left, mid, right, rear left, rear right and sub). Your TV will not do that, and your budget will not cover costs of amp and speakers.

So in your situation the sounder actually makes the most sense as it creates a pseudo 5.1 sound (although you still need sub speaker)
is this price cheapest is 5.1 dvd system though aux using pro logical 2, or start with amp, get some good fronts like 2020 i, then rears, then sub and centre, many second hand shops do speakers
The easiest option would be a soundbar as already mentioned or a cinema surround system but for your buget probably be looking for something like This its a bit light on the connections tho and its not got a hdmi
Edited by: "ding" 1st Oct 2017
pricesavvy14 h, 10 m ago

Have you considered getting a sound bar? You get as much experience with …Have you considered getting a sound bar? You get as much experience with soundbar as you would with 5.1 or 7.1 surround system. Soundbars will also match your budget too.

No. No you don’t.
As mentioned by other posters you won’t get 5.1 for £80. A Soundbar is a decent substitute but will not give you 5.1.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants