Groups
    EXPIRED

Home Insurance Best Company Or Tips?

Hi

ive been asked to get a home insurance for my parents and usually if its car insurance i know a good deal when i see it

im kinda stuck with HOME insurance and would like some help on the companys out there and also what is a ''good price'' for home insurance

my parents told me they used to pay £300+ which i think surely is a bit too much?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!

7 Comments

Iv had some great deals from theaa.com recently

dwabo2

Iv had some great deals from theaa.com recently

Second that :thumbsup:

Original Poster

wowowow thanks to the first replier

i checked AA out it came to £127

but with quidco £127-£35 = £92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely this cant be beaten, ill have a check but i doubt it

rep left for both of you!

The insurance companies seem to rely on people not shopping around. The best rates always seem to go to the new customers which are probably subsidised by higher renewals for existing customers. If your parents are happy with their existing insurers contact them and say you had a much lower quote and see if they will match or come close....

Original Poster

good idea

when they take out a mortgage they usually take the home insurance with the same company hence they dont shop around

supermod

Check the cover - is it buildings &/or contents & make sure sum insured covers your actual contents if applicable. Need to compare like for like (incl excesses).

Few comparison sites are :
    [URL="www.confused.com"]www.confused.com[/URL]
    [URL="www.moneysupermarket.com/home"]www.moneysupermarket.com/home[/URL]

I ended up with esure, which cover all the things I needed. The AA sounds a good deal if it's the cover you need & the above comparison sites should give you a comparison if needed.

A useful site which gives an estimate of rebuild cost for buildings insurance is :
    ]http//ca…uk/

{can't you tell I went through this a while back ;-)}

:thinking:

sigma

Check the cover - is it buildings &/or contents & make sure sum insured … Check the cover - is it buildings &/or contents & make sure sum insured covers your actual contents if applicable. Need to compare like for like (incl excesses).Few comparison sites are :]www.confused.com]www.moneysupermarket.com/home:thinking:

Be careful when you use these sites, they make alot of assumptions and quite often compete to get a headline rate, figures change when you actually try to arrange the cover.

I have recommended them for motor insurance before - try a company called A-Plan they seem to be pretty good most of the time and they always know what they are talking about, that way I would be confident I was getting the insurance I needed and not worried about unpleasant small print.

They have offices all over, the website is rubbish though [url]www.a-plan.co.uk[/url] as you cant get a quote online, try 01252 725725.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Salecharms.com is this a genuine pandora retailer?34
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??37
      3. Iphone 6 to which handset?711
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.914

See more discussions