Home insurance by "Home protect"

Found 13th Apr 2015
Does anyone have home insurance policy with "Home protect" under written by AvA??? I got a quote from confused. com and this company provides me with the cheapest quote. Ivv never heard of them before. What are your reviews??? Has anyone ever dealt with them before? ??

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskInsurance
9 Comments
I took out a policy when I moved, as I was in a high flood zone. Could never get anyone to return my call when I wanted to lapse the policy,despite leaving several messages on their answer phone.
trustpilot - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/homeprotect.co.uk

Says on their homepage that they are underwritten by Axa and other insurers. Sounds like they use a panel to source the best quote for you in their name. Nothing wrong with that.

We always stick with a good policy from a known company. That way never any doubt about your cover.

Always read negative reviews are they tend to be more representative. All insurance is good until you have to claim, then you find out how good they really are.

Check your cover is exactly what you need and no hidden exclusions.

Edited by: "MichyM" 13th Apr 2015
check all small print i almost took one out have no alarm and then just clicked on a small conditions box which stated insurance was provided on basis alarm fitted this box was not prominent or made aware to me through internet sign up. would have paid premium and not actually been covered stick with better known company even though underwritten by axa when it comes to claiming is when you need the support / money
I've used them via a price comparison website but obviously never claimed.
You never know how good they are until you make a claim.
For that reason and if I could I'd insure with Churchill everytime.
Edited by: "willhay555" 13th Apr 2015
Hi bargainmadness60, I've just spotted your forum post, so apologies if this is too late to help with your decision making process.. However, I can offer some reassurance that HomeProtect is indeed a well trusted home insurance broker, with well over 100,000 customers. We are based in Kingston upon Thames, we house all our call centre staff entirely at this office. We're here to answer your questions Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm and Sat 9am-1pm, please call us on the 0330 660 1000 line (costs the same to call as a normal landline, even from mobiles) . Our policies are underwritten by AXA Insurance, one of the largest insurers in the UK. Our Buildings policy is Defaqto 5 Star Rated and Contents is Defaqto 4 Star Rated, giving you confidence that you will be covered by one of the most comprehensive products in the marketplace. Hopefully this extra info will reassure you. If you have any queries please get in touch via the website or call our team - we're here to help. With kind regards, Elisabeth, Digital Marketing Manager, HomeProtect
coxy82

I took out a policy when I moved, as I was in a high flood zone. Could … I took out a policy when I moved, as I was in a high flood zone. Could never get anyone to return my call when I wanted to lapse the policy,despite leaving several messages on their answer phone.

Hi coxy82, Sorry to hear you had problems getting hold of the team, I wonder if this was some time ago. We don't operate an answer phone system now. If you still have a policy with us now, please rest assured that if you need to try and get in touch that you'd have no problems getting through now. Alternatively, feel free to tweet us or Facebook us. Kind regards, Elisabeth, Digital Marketing Manager, HomeProtect
HomeProtectHomeInsurance

Hi coxy82, Sorry to hear you had problems getting hold of the team, I … Hi coxy82, Sorry to hear you had problems getting hold of the team, I wonder if this was some time ago. We don't operate an answer phone system now. If you still have a policy with us now, please rest assured that if you need to try and get in touch that you'd have no problems getting through now. Alternatively, feel free to tweet us or Facebook us. Kind regards, Elisabeth, Digital Marketing Manager, HomeProtect

Welcome Elisabeth, is there any substance in bobbyman1''s post below?

"check all small print i almost took one out have no alarm and then just clicked on a small conditions box which stated insurance was provided on basis alarm fitted this box was not prominent or made aware to me through internet sign up. would have paid premium and not actually been covered"

transit

Welcome Elisabeth, is there any substance in bobbyman1''s post … Welcome Elisabeth, is there any substance in bobbyman1''s post below?"check all small print i almost took one out have no alarm and then just clicked on a small conditions box which stated insurance was provided on basis alarm fitted this box was not prominent or made aware to me through internet sign up. would have paid premium and not actually been covered"

Hi transit, It all depends on the postcode of the property and the amount of Contents cover required. To offset the additional risk that some cases pose, yes there is a requirement (or "endorsement" in Insurance-lingo) that requires an alarm to be fitted and in use every day, to be covered for burglary theft. If this does apply to your particular scenario (and everyone is different) then it's clearly shown in normal size red text immediately below the price in the online quote system on the quote page. If in doubt, please call our team, we're very happy to talk you through it. We're open until 8pm tonight. Kind regards, Elisabeth, Digital Marketing Manager, HomeProtect
I can only get cover for a flood risk area from there guys but it's £800!!
should be £180 in my area but obviously iv been flooded in 2007.

can I ask that iv heard in July this year everything will change and most companies will provide insurance regardless of flood
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants