Home Insurance No Cliams

Found 26th Mar
Hi

I've had my home insurance with the same company for about 6 years now and when I asked them for a no claims certificate they said that they couldn't provide one.

The reason why I'm asking is because I've had a cheaper renewal price from another company but they will only honour that price if I provide them with the no claims certificate.

What can I do???? I do have all my renewal documents from when I first took out my home insurance 6 years ago. Will that work???

Thanks to anyone who replies in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
At the very least, they should be able to confirm that you have been with them 6 years and have not made any claims.

Insurance companies make up rules as they go!

I hope you get it resolved.
i've found there isnt really a 'proof of no claims' like with car insurance.

as above, show them a renewal letter stating number of claim free years.
just show them the renewal documents and state that you have not made any claims since insured. and that any claims made would be recorded on the communal insurers' database, where all insurers go to check on evidence of claims or no claims.

insurers record all claims in this database to stop fraud.
Original Poster
The problem is that all it says on the renewal letter is that "you have been with us for a number of years" and not how many years it is e.g. 6.
tiki34719 m ago

The problem is that all it says on the renewal letter is that "you have …The problem is that all it says on the renewal letter is that "you have been with us for a number of years" and not how many years it is e.g. 6.

but you said that you have all the renewal letters from 6 years to now. they would all have dates on when they were sent to you, so that will serve as proof of how long you have been insured.
Original Poster
mutley12 h, 12 m ago

but you said that you have all the renewal letters from 6 years to now. …but you said that you have all the renewal letters from 6 years to now. they would all have dates on when they were sent to you, so that will serve as proof of how long you have been insured.

I do but it does not state how many years. This way I would have to send all 6 renewal letters off but they may still not accept them.
tiki347136 m ago

I do but it does not state how many years. This way I would have to send …I do but it does not state how many years. This way I would have to send all 6 renewal letters off but they may still not accept them.

send the 6 letters to them so they can see the continuation of the insurance. they will be able to establish for themselves from their internal shared database your statement that you have not made a claim for the last 6 years on your property.

explain to them that your current insurer does not issue 'no claims certificate' so you hope that the enclosed renewals show that you have insured the property for the last 6 years with the same insurer and that they can check the insurance database to confirm your statement that you have not made a claim on the property during this time.

hopefully that will be enough. if not, then go to another insurer as they then sound like the sort of insurer that you should avoid anyway as they are making you jump through hoops and you aren't even making a claim, but only trying to take out insurance with them. imagine what they will be like when you do have to make a claim.
Original Poster
Thanks mutley1, will try what you said and see what they say.
there isnt a PROOF of household no claims bonus however if you know you have had 6 years claim free you are well within your rights to inform your new insurer sans proof
I have never been asked to produce proof of no claims certificate changing home insurance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions