Expired

Home insurance renewal cancelling

Found 3rd Nov 2017
So I had my insurance up for renewal, it was to be renewed today with tesco and I was late to cancel it. Does anyone know if cooling off applies to a renewal or will i need to now pay to cancel it?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
No because you've given continuous authority - it's not a new contract.
Normally you get a new cooling off period even if you're on continuous auto renewal. Give them a call, I'm sure you'll be fine to cancel without cancellation fee.
From_the_Midlands26 m ago

Normally you get a new cooling off period even if you're on continuous …Normally you get a new cooling off period even if you're on continuous auto renewal. Give them a call, I'm sure you'll be fine to cancel without cancellation fee.

Cheers will try it.
They will probably just charge you for the amount of days cover you have used so far
My homeserve cover renewed automatically they took the first payment via DD i phoned to cancel and they refunded me as it was within 28 days
Mine is with Tesco
Tbh I let it renew as was cheaper than anyone else
Couldn't be bothered to cancel and "try" and get the same price then play the cashback lottery
ding15 h, 29 m ago

They will probably just charge you for the amount of days cover you have …They will probably just charge you for the amount of days cover you have used so far

Plus an admin fee typically £25-£50
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants