Groups

Home Internet Connection Only Deal?

Hi, Just moved back to the UK and looking for an internet connection only deal. I was wondering if any exist? We don't need a home phone as we use mobiles so hoping we don't have to pay BT phone line rental just so we can get an internet connection. We also don't want a tv cable package. I notice Virgin Media haven't moved to our area. Grateful for any advice.

9 Comments

I was going to mention Virgin Media I have VM broadband and then a VoIP phone line connected. Same at the parents' house too.
    My only other suggestion is to get a 4G router. Speeds depend on mobile operator and coverage.

Vodaphone broadband

Original Poster

We have Virgin Mobile Sim's and ideally didn't want to change, unless we really have to

Internet through phone lines requires phone lines = phone line rental
    there are deals available such as the MSE Sky deal

Your options are limited. Without Virgin Media you have to get broadband through the phone line. Earlier suggestion to use a 4G router is really your only other real option, get a new sim card just for data and put it in the 4G router. You will have to workout which solution is better for your situation.

The other options are really for businesses; such as a dedicated internet lime with a very high installation cost.

or ask a neighbour to be your ISP.

or if there is a BTopenzone router next door, pay BT to use openzone.

Cfcb

Your options are limited. Without Virgin Media you have to get broadband … Your options are limited. Without Virgin Media you have to get broadband through the phone line. .

Unless your in a fibre to the premises area, which doesnt need a phone line even though its an Openreach product

googleboogle

Vodaphone broadband

skyking_comms

We have Virgin Mobile Sim's and ideally didn't want to change, unless we … We have Virgin Mobile Sim's and ideally didn't want to change, unless we really have to

this is your only option unless you live in London which is covered by Relish a newish provider, which uses a type of 4G system. if you go with Vodafone you don't need to change your mobile to them.

vodafone.co.uk/bro…and

Vodafone broadband still needs a BT line, and they still charge line rental but it's just hidden in the one price now.
    Virign will supply Broadband without a phone line but the way they price bundles you will find it's cheaper to actually have a phone line as well.

skyking_comms

We don't need a home phone as we use mobiles so hoping we don't have to … We don't need a home phone as we use mobiles so hoping we don't have to pay BT phone line rental

It's not phone line rental, it's just line rental. The cost of providing a phone service is minimal, virtually all of the line rental goes towards maintaining the local infrastructure needed for your broadband connection.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News77
      2. Cheer me up please?1223
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767523
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1631

See more discussions