Groups

Home made DVD and ps3 any luck with upscaling?

Just wanted to be sure before going out to buy a ps3 next week, I learnt that the ps3 does upscale dvd video, but would it upscale a home made dvd to near high definition?

6 Comments

Depends on the homemade DVD and how it was recorded/compressed I imagine...

Original Poster

my quesion is would the ps3 be able to read/play a dvd video recorded on a dvd-r disc?

yes it will assuming it is in Audio_TS Video_TS format (which is will be if you author it correctly)

Basically if the disc reads in a normal DVD player the PS3 will read it too.

Original Poster

Thanks mate .

saayinla

Just wanted to be sure before going out to buy a ps3 next week, I learnt … Just wanted to be sure before going out to buy a ps3 next week, I learnt that the ps3 does upscale dvd video, but would it upscale a home made dvd to near high definition?

A common misconception, it wont make it look like HD, but it would look better then through a standard DVD player.

Original Poster

gd_miester

A common misconception, it wont make it look like HD, but it would look … A common misconception, it wont make it look like HD, but it would look better then through a standard DVD player.

point taken.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction2262
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1211
      3. Leaking electric shower911
      4. O2 Priority concert tickets1324

See more discussions