Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Home Premiere rip off prices

Posted 6th Apr
3435530-79Zna.jpg
I wanted to watch this but $15.99? A movie theatre ticket would be a fiver??
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
The cinema tocket would be a fiver because it would be for 1 ticket. with home premier, i would assume more than 1 person would watch a movie at home so they have to cover their costs.
Wait till it’s on kids AM
EN1GMA06/04/2020 09:50

The cinema tocket would be a fiver because it would be for 1 ticket. with …The cinema tocket would be a fiver because it would be for 1 ticket. with home premier, i would assume more than 1 person would watch a movie at home so they have to cover their costs.

Understandable but I personally will be watching it by myself so there's no way I can justify a rental price of this much. I'm not exactly desperate to watch it so I'll just wait until it's available to rent at a normal price (when DVDs & buy digital on demand start to be released), however if lockdown and COVID-19 never happened I'd probably be seeing it on the day it was released at the cinema
It's the same price everywhere bt TV, sky
projextxuk_reviews06/04/2020 10:12

It's the same price everywhere bt TV, sky

You just reminded me I have $29.99 of Sky Store credit and have never found anything worthwhile to buy with it. Do you know how long it should be before the current Home Premieres are available to rent/buy normally? A few months?
In London a cinema ticket is around £10 so this price is fair if at least two people are watching.

Usually films are on DVD about six months after cinema release and normal digital purchase/rent (such as iTunes or Sky Store) about the same time if you don't want to pay the higher price.
jon81uk06/04/2020 10:28

In London a cinema ticket is around £10 so this price is fair if at least …In London a cinema ticket is around £10 so this price is fair if at least two people are watching.Usually films are on DVD about six months after cinema release and normal digital purchase/rent (such as iTunes or Sky Store) about the same time if you don't want to pay the higher price.

A ticket in my area is a fiver for two people using Meerkat Movies so 2.50 per person and seeing as it's just myself watching it's definitely understandable that 15.99 is a massive jump from 2.50 or 5.00. I'll probably just wait until it's available to rent at a normal price, I have other movies to watch (albeit not new ones)
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 6th Apr
£15.99, no parking costs, no fuel costs, no risk of an accident and insurance claim, no wear and tear on transport. No over priced snacks you might be tempted to by.

No time lost in transit.

When you consider the incidentals and offsets it seems like good deal!
andrewworrall106/04/2020 10:31

A ticket in my area is a fiver for two people using Meerkat Movies so 2.50 …A ticket in my area is a fiver for two people using Meerkat Movies so 2.50 per person and seeing as it's just myself watching it's definitely understandable that 15.99 is a massive jump from 2.50 or 5.00. I'll probably just wait until it's available to rent at a normal price, I have other movies to watch (albeit not new ones)

Unfortunately cinemas have localised pricing and its not possible to do that with digital media. The whole country needs to be the same price when selling online.
It is a high price, but I think £12-£15 would be fair for a new release film that would normally be watch by a whole family.
It’s simple if you want to watch it pay the price if you don’t want to stump up the money don’t watch.
andrewworrall106/04/2020 09:53

Kids AM?

When it’s been out a while at the cinema they put on an early showing on weekends that costs about £2.50 per person.
You know when you’ve had enough of isolation when you desperate to watch a kids film alone
pinkleponkle06/04/2020 11:37

You know when you’ve had enough of isolation when you desperate to watch a …You know when you’ve had enough of isolation when you desperate to watch a kids film alone

Family film, and only because I really enjoyed the first one. Rented for $7.99 on CHILI now using a new account so all good.
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 6th Apr
Bargainhead06/04/2020 11:35

Comment deleted

But its also good to pay people for the work they have done.
jon81uk06/04/2020 11:52

But its also good to pay people for the work they have done.

Of course it is and I wouldn’t advise anyone to do anything illegal. But would you really want to pay for this rubbish..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions