Home security camera

Found 23rd MayEdited by:"kimmy2108"
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced external security camera with easy installation? Preferably with recording facility. Thanks
Community Updates
9 Comments
For a standalone camera, there are a bunch of cheap and cheerful chinese cameras you can get. This one can be had for £35 and has good reviews and offers the usual features such as pan/tilt/2 way audio and built in microsd card slot for recording.
Edited by: "thenormalone" 23rd May
thenormalone22 h, 54 m ago

For a standalone camera, there are a bunch of cheap and cheerful chinese …For a standalone camera, there are a bunch of cheap and cheerful chinese cameras you can get. This one can be had for £35 and has good reviews and offers the usual features such as pan/tilt/2 way audio and built in microsd card slot for recording.

Bizarre suggestion to use an indoor camera for external application. Would probably not last the first few minutes of a rain shower.
External cams generally cost more than similar-spec internal. Random fixed-view sub-£26 item below has comfort factor of fulfilled Amazon and may tick most of your boxes of wired & wireless, app & PC remote view, motion alerts, onboard microSD recording, nightvision; IR-cut; claimed 1080p resolution; etc. Few considerations: will need reasonable size hole in wall if wishing to run wired connection (always preferable), otherwise the hole required to accommodate just the power cable will be modest (but you will need a waterproof box to house the ethernet and reset connectors that would be left outside); some power cables from mains adapter can be ridiculously short; onboard recording is kinda risky if there's a possibility that the cam is accessible to tampering / removal / damage; many of these types of devices and/or apps have inherent security flaws.
amazon.co.uk/ran…KS/
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 24th May
I bought a floureon PTZ of amazon for £90 a couple of months back and I must say I have been quite impressed with it so far.
Easy install, wifi, phone app. Works well and has a good quality picture. Since buying it I have noticed it is often on the lightning deals for £75.
I use Panasonic’s home security set up. Got it from amazon.
AndyRoyd3 h, 18 m ago

Bizarre suggestion to use an indoor camera for external application. Would …Bizarre suggestion to use an indoor camera for external application. Would probably not last the first few minutes of a rain shower.

OP edited in the word external after seeing my post
I bought this a couple of months ago and so far I'm really pleased with it, it's POE so each camera doesn't need power as it goes through the ethernet cable

[Updated 1920*1080p] Sannce® 4CH 1080P PoE NVR HD Surveillance Kit w/ 4 1080P 2.0 Megapixels Indoor/ Outdoor Night Vision Security Camera System+ 1TB amazon.co.uk/dp/…swf
thenormalone21 h, 27 m ago

OP edited in the word external after seeing my post

I did amend post sorry, didn't realise I hadn't included the word external
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants