Home security kit

Found 28th Jul
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Can anybody recommend a home security system for self installation? With or without cameras will do. I'm just after something for a property that I'm having my friends daughter live in for a while and want to make her feel safer.

If not, can you point me in the direction of a good forum please?

Thanks,

Jackson Michael
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
You’ll need camera installation kit and an alarm kit.
cmdr_elito14 m ago

You’ll need camera installation kit and an alarm kit.

Thanks

I'll just have a look at that one now.
Something like a Yale home alarm system for easy install and perhaps a Swann home camera kit. Other brands available....
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 28th Jul
How.much are you looking to spend? If I was you I wouldn't look at wireless if that's the route you were looking to take
thewrecker747713 m ago

How.much are you looking to spend? If I was you I wouldn't look at …How.much are you looking to spend? If I was you I wouldn't look at wireless if that's the route you were looking to take

I've budgeted £300? Is this too low?
I didn't read the description properly. If it's just to make her feel safe then I'm sure wireless will be ok. It's just that the signal on them is not that great and can easily drop off and I don't know about all but some have batteries that need to be charged which requires taking the camera down. Would the cameras be permanent? If so, id look at getting someone in and hard wiring them
mintcondition12 m ago

I've budgeted £300? Is this too low?

Wireless alarms are fine, but for the cameras you really need wired ones.
Look at the YI Dome Camera's they are excellent and can be bought on amazon plus a memory card to capture anyone going to and from the front door or wherever the camera is placed. You can listen in remotely, move the camera remotely and speak back. The app is excellent and also can handle motion tracking and multiple cameras.

These cameras are wireless, reliable and mains powered so need a mains socket to power them.

Yale alarms are very good too as mentioned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants