Expired

Home Security Systems/Alarms

5 replies
Found 31st Dec 2010
Can anyone recommend a a good home security system with installation services.

Would like to have a notification feature by phone / sms .

So far seen ADT which is 20.99£ per month and 36 months contract and minimal installation fee of £99.

Searched in Hotukdeals but could not find any good bargain.

5 Comments

That sounds like a rented system, Contact some of your local comapnies, may be steeper intially but the system will be yours and wont be as high as £20.99 a month for monitoring.

Just make sure they have NSI (formerly NACOSS) approval.
Edited by: "sy278" 31st Dec 2010

Original Poster

sy278

That sounds like a rented system, Contact some of your local comapnies, … That sounds like a rented system, Contact some of your local comapnies, may be steeper intially but the system will be yours and wont be as high as £20.99 a month for monitoring.Just make sure they have NSI (formerly NACOSS) approval.

Thanks any recommendations in derby. Could not find any.

Thats expensive. I'd just get a good installed system and they can fit an auto-dialler thingy which can notify you of an activation but they don't need to monitor it. Basically you sort out any activation yourself. Worth having a contract for maintainance every year though, maybe around £40-60 but means they will come and sort out false alarms caused by insects, any defective hardware etc. Also be careful if you try and claim discount on your insurance for having an alarm. It has to meet NSI approval and also you may be required to have it set otherwise insurance is void.

Original Poster

BlackCloud

Thats expensive. I'd just get a good installed system and they can fit an … Thats expensive. I'd just get a good installed system and they can fit an auto-dialler thingy which can notify you of an activation but they don't need to monitor it. Basically you sort out any activation yourself. Worth having a contract for maintainance every year though, maybe around £40-60 but means they will come and sort out false alarms caused by insects, any defective hardware etc. Also be careful if you try and claim discount on your insurance for having an alarm. It has to meet NSI approval and also you may be required to have it set otherwise insurance is void.

I will be happy with this idea but cannot find anyone. And what will be the cost of the unit

I would have thought any local installer could do this for you. Generally the biggest deterrent for a burglar is the alarm being installed and visible. I wouldn't be massively concerned about notification as it shouldn't really be going off! However, autodiallers to call your mobile etc. seem to be an option offered by installers although it might add £150 or so.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions