Groups

home security wifi camera with app

I am looking into getting one of these types of camera. just had a bike stolen from the close outside my door. would like one with an app. been sent one called clever dog has anyone used this type? any others this one is £20 on ebay or £25 using prime on amazon.. any others I can get in next few days?

any help would be great thanks

9 Comments

Pir light with camera. Just pull the sd card out to view photos on pc. Every time Pir is triggered it takes a photo. Wifi camera is ok but how will you capture images? OK for a look though

Bike chain and lock is your best bet - assuming your going to get another bike and chance it outside your door again.

Original Poster

was more thinking as a look but will look at pir. read some of the WiFi camera also have sd slot..

Original Poster

pennyfarthing88

Bike chain and lock is your best bet - assuming your going to get another … Bike chain and lock is your best bet - assuming your going to get another bike and chance it outside your door again.

​it was chained they cut it. they even left neighbours bike that wasn't chained. not getting new bike yet. more want to see who is outside door/in close before open door as storm door has no windows.

Wifi camera is a waste of time without a high speed connection to your phone even then its too late to prevent theft,your better off investing in decent locks and chains

I use tiny cam app and a wifi camera inside window . bought off amazon. OK in daylight but won't work at night through glass. Would die outside with our weather although I have a heated case for it but that looks terrible.

justanothercid

​it was chained they cut it. they even left neighbours bike that wasn't c … ​it was chained they cut it. they even left neighbours bike that wasn't chained. not getting new bike yet. more want to see who is outside door/in close before open door as storm door has no windows.

Well if they've got the nerve to cut a chain off your bike outside your front door I don't see what any camera will do to deter them to be honest.
    Was you in or out when they took your bike? Assuming you was in then they obviously didn't care about getting caught - assuming you were out and you've got a camera the likelihood is they'll cover their faces anyway so a camera wouldn't achieve much either way, at best it'll act as a deterrent but these bast ards nowadays don't really give a toss so I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being very if any effective.

Sorry OP' maybe a bike shed locked and the bike locked up inside, expensive though - hope u get your bike back.

Original Poster

pennyfarthing88

Well if they've got the nerve to cut a chain off your bike outside your … Well if they've got the nerve to cut a chain off your bike outside your front door I don't see what any camera will do to deter them to be honest.Was you in or out when they took your bike? Assuming you was in then they obviously didn't care about getting caught - assuming you were out and you've got a camera the likelihood is they'll cover their faces anyway so a camera wouldn't achieve much either way, at best it'll act as a deterrent but these bast ards nowadays don't really give a toss so I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being very if any effective. Sorry OP' maybe a bike shed locked and the bike locked up inside, expensive though - hope u get your bike back.

​thanks the camera is more to check if we hear something so as to not walk into the close and someone is there. catching someone with it is unlikely it's more an effort to get back that warm fuzz safe feeling... they got what they wanted. bike was adequately protected even the best chains get cracked. surprisingly the police have done a wee door to door and will keep an eye out...

You can get a bike tracker that fits in the downtube under the seat but again its after the event so not stopping theft.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2023
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions